Big Browns

I'm tired of being fat & out of shape

Im another fan of the keto diet. A year and a half ago I did my biometric screning at work for insurance and my blood pressure was so high they told me to see my Dr that day and if I couldnt to go to ER. Started the keto diet and lost 80lbs last year. Google kero warrior I think it is. Lots of good info on there. BP back to normal sleap apnea gone all else back to normal.

• Like 2

i was in the same position until i found out i got drawn for a physically demanding late bull hunt. I changed my diet to the Ketogenic diet (thanks Joe Rogan) and it honestly has been life changing so far. With the diet and regular gym time, i went from an out of shape 6'4" 250lbs to 230lbs while losing 10%+ body fat and packing on a lot of muscle in about 3 months time. the diet is low carb/moderate protein/insanely high fat basically. converts your body from running on glucose (sugar) to running on fat. a LOT of high performance athletes are doing it now. I feel better than i have in years and it's really easy to stick with. lots of butter, oil, meats and vegetables.

Grey Ghost does this joe rogan put out a book?

no but he has a GREAT podcast and has had a few guests dthat are experts on it. One with Mark Scisson is really good

i was in the same position until i found out i got drawn for a physically demanding late bull hunt. I changed my diet to the Ketogenic diet (thanks Joe Rogan) and it honestly has been life changing so far. With the diet and regular gym time, i went from an out of shape 6'4" 250lbs to 230lbs while losing 10%+ body fat and packing on a lot of muscle in about 3 months time. the diet is low carb/moderate protein/insanely high fat basically. converts your body from running on glucose (sugar) to running on fat. a LOT of high performance athletes are doing it now. I feel better than i have in years and it's really easy to stick with. lots of butter, oil, meats and vegetables.

Grey Ghost does this joe rogan put out a book?

Joe Rogan is a UFC anouncer and he has a great pod cast. He has mentioned this diet during his pod cast several times. If you haven't listened to his pod cast I highly recommend it. He has interviewed a lot of great hunters.

• Like 1

joe rogan gets his diet advice from that "dolcediet" guy who doesnt appear to know anything real about nutrition or how your body works. but he is popular so people follow him. smh

i dont like keto, carbs are more anabolic than protein too so you make more muscle off them than protein. the increased fat metabolism is negligible, the reason you lose weight on keto is because you took out a whole macronutrient out of your diet so youre eating less. but i guarantee if you burn 2k cals a day, but consume, 2500 a day in a ketogenic diet you will still gain weight.

• Like 1

my diet is pretty simple really. sometimes i pack a lunch to work, sometimes i don't. the thing i like, is i am rarely hungry. some days i have to force myself to eat. most diets, you are starving every day. i also eat more venison than anything, which i have done since birth

Breakfast- work days, Coffee with butter and MCT oil in it. sounds terrible, tastes delicious and keeps you rockin until lunch time. weekend i like lots of eggs with lots of pork and cheese

Snacks- Almond butter, cheese, jerky, nuts, etc. i keep a bag of mixed nuts and jar of almond butter at my desk.

Lunch- salads with lots of meat and certain dressings that don't have lots of carbs. no crutons. Lettuce wrapped cheese burgers are also awesome and almost all fast food joints will sell them that was. i prefer in-n-out and carl's junior. leftovers from dinner if i have them

Dinner- low carb. any kind of meat and some veggies. this week i've had meatloaf, chicken pesto covered in cheese, bowls of pork red chili loaded up with cheese and sour cream.

Really, just don't eat starchy veggies like corn, potatoes, etc. and stay away from bread, pasta, rice, grains, beans. Whatever you eat, load that shlt up with butter, coconut oil, olive oil or referably MCT oil. the key is to eat double the grams of fat that you do grams of protein and keep your carbs as low as possible. i'm always around 20-50 grams of carbs a day, sometimes even less. if you make a steak, melt GRASS FED butter over the top of it, if you want a bunless burger, load it up with bacon and oil or butter and mayo. i usually have a good cheat meal on the weekends and pig out on whatever i feel like i'm missing out on.

My blood sugar and blood pressure was so high before i started the diet, doctors were afraid i was pre-diabetic. my feet and legs were always red and swollen. recent bloodwork has showed all my vitals to be perfect.

I like butter!!!

I went on the Pneumonia diet this spring, lost nearly 30 pounds!

• Like 4

Trphyhnter you have done nothing but bash every bodies diet and exercise routine in recent threads. Contribute a little and let us know what you do to stay in shape.

Trphyhnter you have done nothing but bash every bodies diet and exercise routine in recent threads. Contribute a little and let us know what you do to stay in shape.

Lol what? Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension? I have in every thread

If people were on this site saying its good to bugle for Coues bucks would you say something? Cuz to me that's what it's like reading someone say that they can get fat from eating under maintenance calories like the guy in the other thread did

You burn more calories than you consume to lose weight. There is NO tricks. You can eat whatever you want as long as you burn more than you consume. Some people aren't happy unless they limit their food choices and make life more difficult than it has to be.

• Like 3