Big Browns

I'm getting excited for Dove season!!!!

I can't wait for Dove season to start! It's one of my favorite hunts of the year.

• Like 10

Just around the corner. Had a pad put on my AYA 2 weeks ago. Hopefully, shoulder will be healed up by September 1st.

Where does a guy go anymore thats relatively close to town and not flooded with people showering you with bbs? It's been years since I've gone and the last time I did it was a zoo (people, not giraffes and flamingos) at the tank we were hunting. The only reason I don't go is because everything seems crowded anymore. I'm usually solo but on a rare occasion my old man might join me.

My kids have the date circled just waiting! It'll be my daughter's first time and the second for my son. I like not having to pick up birds, lol.

• Like 4

I've only missed one or 2 opening days in the last 40 years.....My oldest girl will miss Sept. hunt but we will take her on the late one. She's starting 1st year of college.

• Like 1

Being born and raised in Arizona and my Dad being an avid hunter it always was and always will be what we referred to as the tuneup for hunting season.

WHITEWING!!

• Like 1

I am gonna miss opening week of Dove, I'll be in NM on an Oryx hunt.

Yep I can't hardly wait either. Sept 1st always kicks off the fall hunting season. Cold beer and dove poppers.

• Like 3

The idea of a stainless steel bowl filled with breasts and salt water sitting in your refrigerator... I can't wait.

• Like 1

Dove was my first real hunting trip! As the youngest boy, I was the last to join my brother and older cousins, along with my uncle on opening day. Holding that H&R Topper single shot 20 gauge was a special day!

I still remember that year. I was no longer the bird dog! :)

• Like 3

If Adam is excited then I am I have seen thousand of dove fly over my house heading your way

Looks like this will be the first time I'll make the opener of dove season since I was a much, much younger. Planning on heading down to Yuma, where I went on my first dove hunt as a kid, and letting my wife shoot her first dove. Will help get the dogs ready for quail season and can scout for pheasant all in the same trip, not to mention getting some rolled tacos from chili pepper's.