Sign in to follow this  
doublelung

Grave Digger Broadheads

Do many of you use Grave Digger broadheads for elk? If so, what are your experiences.. I don't want this to turn into a fixed vs mechanical thread..Just want experiences hunting elk with this setup.

Thanks!

John

• Like 2

I killed my elk 2 years ago with a gravedigger chisel tip. It did the job but no better or worse than the fixed blades I have used.

• Like 1

I went to buy some this weekend to try and was told no limit archery was bought out and they don't know what's going to happen with the broad head. They didn't have any in stock and they didn't know if they were going to get some in or not.

I went to buy some this weekend to try and was told no limit archery was bought out and they don't know what's going to happen with the broad head. They didn't have any in stock and they didn't know if they were going to get some in or not.

This is truly bad news. I love these heads. Super durable and they fly as advertised. Shot an elk with one two years ago, pass thru and into the rocks. No noticable damage, still in my quiver.

Yeah bad news for sure. Killed 3 cow elk with them very good blood trails I used the cut on contact. Good luck to u

I can assure you guys the grave digger will still be available. It takes time for things to switch over when a company is bought out.

• Like 1

If you're looking for an alternate broadhead, you may consider the ram cat 125gr broadhead. They're an amazing broadhead, and they fly awesome (just like field tips). I've done a lot of testing with a lot of different broadheads, and I chose the ram cat for my deer hunt. I shot a buck facing straight at me opening morning last year. The arrow went through his sternum, through his heart, through his guts, through his femur, and stuck in the ground 20 yards behind him. The broadhead was perfect, and still very sharp. I'm only pulling 60 lbs due to bad shoulders. We had a buddy in camp that didn't understand broadhead tuning and missed a few deer. Since I was done with my hunt, I gave him some broadheads to use. He ended up sticking his buck at 82 yards without having to tune or adjust his bow. My other buddy was so impressed with them, he switched himself and his wife over to them before their archery elk hunt. Opening morning he took a nice 300" 6x6 at 50 yards with the ram cat, and it went less than 20 yards. Near the end of the hunt his wife shot a spike with one at 55 yards, and it went through both shoulder blades, and two ribs. She's only pulling 42lbs too. None of the broadheads deformed or lost blades. If I didn't believe in them, and use them myself, I wouldn't recommend them. Just a thought.