Sign in to follow this  
Phil Carr

Any successful hunters?

Thought I would see if any of the hunters out there hunting buffalo have been successful? Any pictures?

Was this last week? Was this on the Kaibab? Hope I will be so lucky.

Yes it was Kaibab. Don't know if you have looked into it but he was contacted by a guide up there (I'll have to get his name) that basically contacts everyone with a tag usually and helps them figure out the best way to kill them. Supposedly if you go in there scouting it will scare them away to the park and he helps guys even if they aren't going guided just so they won't scare them off. I know part of the guiding was done by chads guide service. Could call them and he could point you in the right direction.

The dude's name is Russ Jacoby. Game and fish can give you his number, he basically coordinates all the hunts up there.

• Like 1

Thank you for the information. Was this cow taken using a guide, or was it a do it yourself hunt? Would enjoy talking to successful or unsuccessful Bison hunters. Phil 520-975-0830

This cow was taken guided. Mostly blind hunting over salt I believe. But if you don't know where to go it's tough from what I've heard. Call russ jacoby and he will give you all the info you need even if you don't go guided with him.

If you can afford a guide I would highly recommend Russ. He will definitely increase your odds. I didn't hire him for my hunt , looking back I think it was a mistake. On my hunt his clients went three for three while the other seven hunters went two for seven. His experience is worth every penny. I did get my bison but I would not hesitate to hire Russ if I had it to do again.

post-4214-0-93285600-1469650989_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

Thank for sharing guys and congratulations!!!