Sign in to follow this  
azsaluki

Help identifying sight and potentially upgrading

Hi everyone, the title sort of says it all, but I bought a used bow a couple of years ago and am looking to potentially upgrade sights. Can anyone identify the model of Extreme sights I have and give opinions on whether the Spot Hogg Real Deal sight would be a good upgrade? Thanks for any input.

post-14670-0-44897900-1469588984_thumb.png

post-14670-0-89780300-1469590260_thumb.png

Looks like a old school extreme sight. not sure what model. Spot hogs are a good sight as well. Im not sure what your looking for But I have a CBE tek hybrid 5 pin last years model I used a whole 2 days on my deer hunt before I tagged out. there $305 new from CBE id let it go for $225 shipped?

I just picked up the black gold ascent verdict. Great sight

I've got a black gold on one of my bows too. Great sight, and light weight.

Spot Hogs are good, but they're expensive & heavy! They don't do anything for you that a million other sights won't do, except lighten your wallet and weigh down your bow.

Please don't take offense as I have no clue about your setup, but I would look at the potential of the bow and the shooter before looking at upgrading a 4 pin sight like that. Sure looks like each pin would hover over a critter within 50 yards. Good luck to you this season.

• Like 2

Or your binos, or boots, or a tripod, etc...

Soooo many other things to get or upgrade that will get you within range to use what you have more frequently.

• Like 1

Buy the sight from an archery shop and they'll help you with the right peep size, and set up!

That size of the "circle" around the pins will make a difference to match up your peep size!

• Like 1

I own both a Spot Hogg 7DP and a Black Gold Ascent. You can't go wrong with either but if I were to buy one int would be the Black Gold. Awesome sight and great customer service.

Lots of moving parts on the 7DP. Still an awesome sight.

• Like 1