Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Shed find.

Nice Find! I found a couple yesterday in unit 10! I think its a match crazy looking bull if it is. Sheds were about 100 yards apart, mass is close to the same.

post-6362-0-37525400-1469657603_thumb.jpg

post-6362-0-58140000-1469657626_thumb.jpg

post-6362-0-23726900-1469657661_thumb.jpg

post-6362-0-11823000-1469657685_thumb.jpg

post-6362-0-53186800-1469657711_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Cool finds guys. Been trying to get up there but crap I always find them during archery deer so....

Last year on my buddies archery bull hunt, he killed a nice 6x6 opening morning. After we got him quartered, in packs, and we were heading out, I chose a different route back to the truck than my buddy. I found these within 50 yards of each other, less than 100 yards from where he killed his bull. It made my trip out a lot heavier, but worth it. When we got to the truck, we held them up to his bull, and they were pretty much and exact match.

Sorry not a very good picture.

20150911_203047_zpsjmuole9i.jpg

His bull.

20150911_063925_zpspf62z5ba.jpg

Nice gut shot there.

It was quartered away from him. It entered his last rib, went through a lung, arteries, and almost came out of its neck. The broadhead actually cut it's jugular, a few other arteries that come off the heart, and the blood was spraying out of the arrow entrance. This bull went less than 20 yards.

Nice gut shot there.

It was quartered away from him. It entered his last rib, went through a lung, arteries, and almost came out of its neck. The broadhead actually cut it's jugular, a few other arteries that come off the heart, and the blood was spraying out of the arrow entrance. This bull went less than 20 yards.

In other words, You smoked his arse!!!

Nice sheds and a nice looking bull !

I wish I could take credit for the bull. But it was my friend that shot it. I did call it in for him opening morning though, which was fun. In this picture he did let me hold the elk though. Oh and he was very generous in letting me help him pack it out. But I did score a sweet set of sheds and some elk meat. Haha.