Cazador

2016 U6A Rifle Antelope

I have made a few scouting trips up and have seen some nice bucks running around an area I've taken elk and deer. Haven't been able to get good pics of a bachelor herd of bucks that are running together which I think one is a solid 80+".

Here is one that stood still long enough for a few pics.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm back after 2 weeks in our beautiful high country. My antelope hunt was a very quick hunt and I bet I might have been the first to take an antelope on this hunt first morning at 6:09 AM. Went up 2 days early to setup camp and do last minute scouting in an area I consistently seen large bucks. Got nervous as I did not see the antelope in my first hunt location but did see a very nice buck we named 'Scar' due to large scar on the left side of his body. Seen him twice in the same location (~1 mile from camp), once in the morning and then again in the evening the day before the hunt. My cousin and dad were there helping on the hunt. My cousin called it during sitting by the campfire that I would get him first thing in the morning. Although I knew I probably would get something the first day I did not think it would be so early. As luck would have it we drove down the road not a mile from camp and my cousin spots a nice buck ~100 yards in the forest. We immediately thought it was Scar and get out of my Ranger and follow another 300 yards where he gives me 100+ yard shot.

It turned out it was not Scar but still a very nice buck for this area. I'm approaching my big game grand slam for this area as to I've taken a trophy bull elk and mule deer in this general location.

I have made a few scouting trips up and have seen some nice bucks running around an area I've taken elk and deer. Haven't been able to get good pics of a bachelor herd of bucks that are running together which I think one is a solid 80+".

Here is one that stood still long enough for a few pics.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm back after 2 weeks in our beautiful high country. My antelope hunt was a very quick hunt and I bet I might have been the first to take an antelope on this hunt first morning at 6:09 AM. Went up 2 days early to setup camp and do last minute scouting in an area I consistently seen large bucks. Got nervous as I did not see the antelope in my first hunt location but did see a very nice buck we named 'Scar' due to large scar on the left side of his body. Seen him twice in the same location (~1 mile from camp), once in the morning and then again in the evening the day before the hunt. My cousin and dad were there helping on the hunt. My cousin called it during sitting by the campfire that I would get him first thing in the morning. Although I knew I probably would get something the first day I did not think it would be so early. As luck would have it we drove down the road not a mile from camp and my cousin spots a nice buck ~100 yards in the forest. We immediately thought it was Scar and get out of my Ranger and follow another 300 yards where he gives me 100+ yard shot.

It turned out it was not Scar but still a very nice buck for this area. I'm approaching my big game grand slam for this area as to I've taken a trophy bull elk and mule deer in this general location.

post-454-0-93017800-1469656343_thumb.jpeg

post-454-0-63443600-1469656362_thumb.jpeg

post-454-0-67171000-1469656397_thumb.jpeg

post-454-0-35482400-1469656481_thumb.jpeg

post-454-0-54737200-1469656504_thumb.jpeg

post-454-0-17012800-1473872890_thumb.jpeg

post-454-0-18010600-1473873576_thumb.jpeg

• Like 7

Only 8 rifle tags with no other hunts before, huge unit and in a place that I never have seen a antelope hunter in my 6+ years hunting this location. We'll see if I regret giving out too much info...lol.

• Like 2

Yeah judging by the country they're in I think you're pretty safe! That Buck looks good until that last quarter and top curve. I'd be wanting something bigger on a gun hunt personally.

• Like 1

Ok buck, those herds are hard to find in the pine trees

• Like 1

Nice buck. Congratulations!

• Like 1

That's a great looking buck! Might be the biggest buck out of that unit this year! Congrats!

• Like 2

That's a great looking buck! Might be the biggest buck out of that unit this year! Congrats!

There was a bigger one that came in while we were taking pics. I had never seen that buck in the many times I had scouted. I have a video of him. I will get a still pic and post soon.

• Like 1