Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Replacing a Lost OTC Lion Tag

I've looked high and low but can't find my over the counter 2016 lion tag. If it were a draw tag, I'd go to AZGFD for a reprint. But since it is OTC I'm not sure they do reprints, or if I just buy a new one? If I buy a new one could I run into issues since there is a limit of 1 lion per year and I'd technically have two tags in my name?

I'm not specifically going lion hunting, but am headed to the hills and would hate for the one time I come across one to be the one time I didn't have the tag.

I was kind of in the same boat. My wife washed my hunting license in the washer so I headed for azgfd today. They gave me another license and it didn't cost me anything since I had part of my original one. I couldn't remember if I purchased an archery deer tag in Jan. and they said I did so I was able to purchase a duplicate. Hope it all works out for you. :)

TJ

• Like 2

$4 for a duplicate at any license dealer. Not that I've ever lost my OTC deer tag a time or two.....

• Like 3

Yep just buy a duplicate. Did the same thing a few yrs ago when they added the late metro otc javi hunt. I had throwen em out thinkin it was over and went to the main office and got duplicates

You can buy all the tags you want but you can only kill two lions.

?

There are 9 units where you can take up to 3 lions; 1 per 24 hour period, that does not count towards your yearly harvest limit of 1 lion.

• Like 1