Sign in to follow this  
GreyGhost85

Some pics of a few nice rams to pass the time

I took these pics of some Rocky Mountain rams a few weeks ago. thought you all might enjoy them

post-63-0-08246400-1473872998_thumb.jpg

post-63-0-34929300-1473873015_thumb.jpg

post-63-0-51690000-1473873029_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Jeez how close were you??!!

Looks like you could've thrown a rock and hit them. Great pics man.

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing. I've still yet to see one in person. Someday I guess.

Really? I can't get away from them.

I run a Zeiss Diascope 65mm T FL for my spotter and just my iPhone 6. The phone adapter is a universal one i got off amazon i think it's called a GoSky? it was only like $25 and I've been really happy with it. The lighting was great and the sheep weren't very far away and like all rocky mountain bighorns i've been around, they were not at all concerned with me. It made me look like a lot better photographer than i really am for sure.

Looking at sheep never gets old. Someday when I'm old and gray I'll be rapping my tag around one.

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing. I've still yet to see one in person. Someday I guess.

Really? I can't get away from them.

Yep, sad but true. Only one I ever saw was on the way to san diego a few years ago, there was a big ole ram standing on top of a boulder right on the side of the highway. No idea what score, but he looked pretty big and lots of horn.

Yet to see one in az though. Im told theres a few in 37b and 24b but i lived in superior for about 4 years and hunted, hiked and backpacked in those units like crazy every chance i had. Never saw 'em.

I run a Zeiss Diascope 65mm T FL for my spotter and just my iPhone 6. The phone adapter is a universal one i got off amazon i think it's called a GoSky? it was only like $25 and I've been really happy with it. The lighting was great and the sheep weren't very far away and like all rocky mountain bighorns i've been around, they were not at all concerned with me. It made me look like a lot better photographer than i really am for sure.

I came across a big group of rams while scouting for my elk hunt and was surprised how they weren't concerned with us at all. Walked up to within 50 yards snapping pics and they bedded right in front of us.