ruthunter

2 for 2!

Well guys I thought I would share our success. I was able to arrow a bull that I had on cam from early June. He was by far the ahead of every other elk in horn growth and body size. I was able to find him 3 days before the opener and I sat on him from dark to dark watching his every move. It all came together on Sun morning and I was able to put down a bull of a lifetime. This was a total team effort and none of it would be possible without good friends who were dedicated and willing to help. Special thanks to Brian Rimsza who helped me scout and shared his knowledge of the unit and what I should expect etc.

My 14 year old son was also able to get his first bowkill. I was super proud of him for sticking with it in a non traditional elk unit with cactus, chiggers and hot temps. He never complained once and was determined to be successful. Both of us were shooting Gravedigger broad heads and Pse bows. My bull ended up going green scoring 390-7/8".

post-2694-0-04008100-1474730021_thumb.jpg

post-2694-0-86072300-1474730040_thumb.jpg

post-2694-0-52035000-1474730053_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Very nice! Congrats to both of you!

Very nice congrats, I think having maybe 2 guys for my photo would be good, I need to find some more friends. Lol

We're the guys in the photo friends before the bull or after? Kidding congrats again

Wow well done

Azkiller..my son shot his at 60yds and I shot mine at 80yds. Both were one shot kills. The bulls bugled a little but not all that great. We were lucky to be able to drive close to my bull. My sons bull took (5) of us to get out and we finally got the meat out to the trucks at 3:00 am.