Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

Moo cow down

Way to go Mike, congrats and let your over the I-17 freeway, neighbor know when your cooking some buffalo.

• Like 1

Congrats Mike, that has been a popular hunt no doubt and it sounds like a memorable one.

Definitely. Hey with guys doing reviews on the Kaibab hunt I just think it's important for them to see both sides so people can make an informed decision. If meat is the main priority this is pretty cool and maybe do like Evan did and they camped up there beforehand and camped up there the night after the kill you know make it fun. I had to get back in town so I just went up there collected my meat basically got home and I'm going to enjoy that meat every single time I bite into it. I guess it really just depends what you call hunting, some guys are still dead-set against this hunt but they're okay with sitting on salt that somebody placed them on with pictures of the animals that will be there and then calling that a hunt so whatever tickles your fancy I guess. I don't know many people that have done the current day Kaibab hunt without a PAID guide that have been successful. As I said man when I was younger I dreamt about the House Rock Ranch spot n stalk on a big bull buffalo with a bow and then worrying about getting crushed by them when they run me over LOL things change as you age sometimes. Having my sucky arthritis and having my rheumatologist tell me that the game meat better for me with its higher level of omega's I just like to keep my freezer stocked. :)

HOPEFULLY GOOD THINGS WILL COME FROM FUTURE PLANNED BUFFALO HERDS.

• Like 3

Just saw this. Congrats mike!! That trophy room is gonna be maxed out if you get that mounted.

• Like 1

Just saw this. Congrats mike!! That trophy room is gonna be maxed out if you get that mounted.

Promised myself long ago no buffalo mounts I have seen too many people that have had to put in storage when they have no room for it. Euro for me!

• Like 1

I'm just now seeing this after getting back into the swing of life after my long trip to Iowa and back. This makes me smile a much needed smile! Congrats on your harvest and filling the freezer, Mike! You are spot on with your priorities being your son's football game. Lord knows I've blown off my share of other things in life that I truly love to be at my kids' events!

As for your beard making you look like a garden gnome. I say no way. It actually makes you better looking! :D

Congrats, Mike!!!

• Like 1