Sign in to follow this  
218buck

Last minute bear

. After finding out that the unit we have been hunting was going to close Wednesday at sundown we decided to give it one more try. My good friend Mark took me into an area that he has had some really good luck in over the years. We were in a canyon that had some acorns that were starting to ripen the hill sides were pretty thick we were hoping to catch a glimpse of a bear as they moved across the hill side feeding. With no bears being spotted and running out of day light we decided to try a little calling after about 10 minutes we heard a branch break a few minutes later Mark looks at me and tells me you just called a bear in . The bear was about 80 yards down below us all I could make out was a black blob in the brush. I moved a little so I could make a clear shot one well placed shot and the bear was down . The bear is a very old sow her teeth are in extremely bad shape she had about 3 inches of fat already on her I have tried for many many years to call a bear in what a rush.

post-7688-0-43339200-1475737115_thumb.jpg

post-7688-0-10209700-1475738363_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Super cool! Congrats!

• Like 1

that's the kind of sow that i don't mind being killed. good chance she wouldn't make it through the winter. congrats! i bet she's 20+ years old. definitely past breeding age i would guess

• Like 1

Well done

• Like 1

that's the kind of sow that i don't mind being killed. good chance she wouldn't make it through the winter. congrats! i bet she's 20+ years old. definitely past breeding age i would guess

The biologist thought it was at least 15 just by looking at her will be interesting to find out

Dang 80 yards! Thats a beautiful bear you got yourself. Congrats!

• Like 1