Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyhcp

Transport of game

I have a youth hunter in our group this weekend that has to bail as soon as we get his deer to camp he is going to Phoenix so we are gonna bring the deer back with us when the other 3 kids have killed how do we use the transport tag that comes with the deer tag I have never had to do this befor

Just fill it out completely. I have done it a few times, when I sent game back with others while I stayed in camp to help other hunters fill their tags.

How do you legally take your animal to the taxidermist and then the meat to a processor? The tag is on the antlers when you leave it at the taxidermist. The transport tag doesn't even have the tag number on it. And you now left the tag and proof of sex at the taxidermist.

I had a processor refuse my animal because I had no tag. Had to call another one back with the tag number because I didn't realize it wasn't on the transport permit. Seems like there should be a easier way to stay legal and make the taxidermist and meat processor happy.

Both obvious answers but not always practical.

We process 80-90% ourselves. Processor is a huge help when you are blessed with back to back or concurrent hunts. Sometimes we are lucky and have a very busy October/November. I have two kids, and 5 nieces and nephews that I mentor and help on hunts. Sometimes trophies, meat, kids, me, etc. are going different directions. That leaves us in a difficult spot.

Seems like there should be a better way.

Just checked my daughters tag and you are correct!!! Not sure why the guy at Von Hanson's wouldn't take the transport tag. He wanted the six digit number from the tag that says AGFD USE ONLY