218buck

Heading South

Me and three of my buddies are heading down to Mexico on the 4th of January cant wait

• Like 2

Me and three of my buddies are heading down to Mexico on the 4th of January cant wait

No one likes you!!!!!!! Just kidding post pics when you get your 115" coues or 220" desert mule

• Like 1

Just got back from scouting, things look great down there. Looks like the rains were spotty but a lot of feed for them. Good luck!

• Like 1

Just got back from scouting, things look great down there. Looks like the rains were spotty but a lot of feed for them. Good luck!

Phil,

How far across the border did you go?

Kill out early and head over to Kino Bay. Someone told me(it was me) the turtle soup is outstanding. Also try the ceviche de pulpa. The octopus out of those waters are crazy tasty for some reason. I don't know if they beat the heck out of them, but they are crazy tender too. Could be an amazing cast and blast...Google Bahia de Kino for pics.

We took our first group of 5 hunters down to Sonora December 27-January 4th. We went 5 for 5. We had a couple of young guys harvest their first coues. We had a lot of fun. Virtually zero rut. It should start up by mid month down there. Full moon on the 12th might be interesting on rut timing. Weather is definitely warmer than normal which might delay things a bit. Eventually they will get after it. I have on location podcast episode from our hunt going live tomorrow. Love this time of year. Everyone who is going down be safe, try not to travel at night and stay out of the towns and cities as much as possible. There is no place I like better than Sonora! Go get em guys! We can't wait to get back down there for some more action!

post-3296-0-14212000-1483842107_thumb.jpg

post-3296-0-75493800-1483842132_thumb.jpg

post-3296-0-55743000-1483842152_thumb.jpg

post-3296-0-18556700-1483842170_thumb.jpg

post-3296-0-25170400-1483842201_thumb.jpg

post-3296-0-65771000-1483842219_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Way to get it done. Did you have any problems getting gasoline down there? It looks pretty bad in the cities right now.

I'll be heading down in couple weeks and hope everything cools off down there.

Keven

Way to get it done. Did you have any problems getting gasoline down there? It looks pretty bad in the cities right now.

I'll be heading down in couple weeks and hope everything cools off down there.

Keven

I'm curious to hear about this from a foreigner's perspective too. My wife has a lot of family in Obregon and Hermosillo and we go down there a few times a year. We have been following the gasolinazo situation closely. I've been wondering how it's affecting the January hunters.

Gas shouldn't be a problem. Fill gas cans as soon as you cross border. The media is going to always show the worst scenarios

• Like 2