Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Not one dam elk

Wow!! Friends up in 10 had the same problem. How was it as far as other hunters/pressure?

Wow!! Friends up in 10 had the same problem. How was it as far as other hunters/pressure?

that sucks. I've had that happen before. Not very often but it does tame my hunting ego.

I am glad I am not alone...

I spent 7 days in 7e and I didn't see a single live elk until day 6. It was 381 yards away and it's vitals were covered by a tree.

Tag soup sucks especially when I know freaking road hunters were killing elk. I am no master hunter but I hiked at least 40 miles.

Ya we worked hard, hiked , drove, glassed, scouted before season, put out salt, used other people's salt and blind, zero! Glad it wasn't my tag.

Happen to me in the past in Unit 8. Lots of elk but i was in the wrong place every time. Whats funny you will probably happen to help a friend out in that unit in a couple of years and it will be endless amount of elk! Funny how that goes!

• Like 1

Ya we worked hard, hiked , drove, glassed, scouted before season, put out salt, used other people's salt and blind, zero! Glad it wasn't my tag.

Definitely feel your pain.....and plus 10 on helping the huning ego.....knocks me back down to ground level......we hunted 23 deer this past season....did not see one single deer with antlers....not one!!!

That is rough. We hunted the whole hunt and before the snow we saw 100+ elk a day. After the storm we saw only a few in those same areas. It took us a day to find out where they were and then we were back in them. I think the weather really plays a role in elk moment this time of year

• Like 2

22 was really tough this year also. only saw 6 bulls and they were very far away.

• Like 1

I helped out on a 6A muzzy hunt and I did not see a single elk. Temps were in the 60's during the day.

Nice for camping but poopy for hunting elk.

Lots of unit 8 elk go down into the canyon or on private ground in the PJs during the late hunt.