Sign in to follow this  
ready2hunt

Vortex Fury Range Finding Binos

Anyone see the announcement/live video of these?
$1599 msrp $1300-1400 retail seems over priced for the simplicity of the binos. Does have angle compensation but not programmable ballistics data. Glass seems no better than the Viper line either.

People would be better off with a Burris Eliminator III or save a couple hundred more and get a G7.

I love my 12x50rzr's but seem like these will be one if those binos you see a lot of people reselling quick.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-fury-10x42-binocular

I think they'll sell some off of the fact that they have a big following. I see more and more extremely hard core hunters "seeing the light" about vortex but the fact is they have a big big following and big name through social media with occasional users who probably are just fine with middle of the road quality and a good warranty. I would be a lot of guys are going to go out and buy these and assume they have the "top of the line" rangedined. Personally I wouldn't touch any electronic vortex with a 10ft pole.

• Like 1

Looks like a great option to use for bow hunting. A rangefinder in the binos may save time before an archery shot. One less thing to carry also. I'm sure they won't stack up to Swarovski's and Leicas rangefinder binos, but I'd use these for strictly bow hunting. Plus they will be 1/3 of the price.

So whats "seeing the light" on vortex? Does seem over priced but don't have one so not sure. At the same time not everyone wants to spend a lot of money on optics either. They(vortex) are, like Nikon and others, even Leupold to a certain extant. They fill a middle of the road niche with a good warranty so some "not" so hard core hunters can have something that works for them.

So whats "seeing the light" on vortex? Does seem over priced but don't have one so not sure. At the same time not everyone wants to spend a lot of money on optics either. They(vortex) are, like Nikon and others, even Leupold to a certain extant. They fill a middle of the road niche with a good warranty so some "not" so hard core hunters can have something that works for them.

If you go back to the older threads when the kaibabs and razor hd 12x50's came out they were compared alongside Swaros over and over. Mostly they came out slightly behind in people's eyes. Not sure if the coatings break down or if people just let they hype sway their opinions, but you won't find anyone ranking either of those two glasses alongside awards anymore. They are "seeing the light" in just what you said, they are a mid level bino that stands slightly above the other mid levels not because of reliability or glass but because of a good warranty. Nothing wrong with vortex if it's in your price range. I even have a pair for bang around binos and am reasonably happy with them.