Sign in to follow this  
Edge

The Oil City Derrick

Visiting the folks yesterday, mom thought I'd like a photo and newspaper clipping from a javelina hunt pop put together in 1960. Dad's on the left, uncle and grandfather on far right. I'll type out the article below, it's a hoot. What, no camo?

post-11051-0-92146000-1482421335_thumb.jpg

PIG HUNTERS--An Oil City man, L.T. Black and a Pleasantville man, E.C. Lindquist, returned recently from a successful wild pig hunt in AZ near the Mexican border. Resting after the kill at the hunting camp are Donald Morrison, who now lives in Tucson, AZ .......

post-11051-0-19197500-1482421471_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Oil City is a long way from the Mexican boarder! I grew up in Warren and all my family still lives there to this day. Oil City and Pleasantville were just down the road. That's a long road trip for a stink pig.

That's a long road trip for a stink pig.

More of a friend's and family reunion with guns, bourbon and bacon. There were also similar Coues hunts and fishing trips to Guaymas, Mexico.

Dad, kneeling on the left is the last one surviving in that picture.

Small world. been to all them places as a Kid many times. Brother in law that lives here is from Oil City. I am From Erie, Pa. headed back there Sat. to have Xmas with My 96 Year old Dad...........BOB!

• Like 1

Small world. been to all them places as a Kid many times. Brother in law that lives here is from Oil City. I am From Erie, Pa. headed back there Sat. to have Xmas with My 96 Year old Dad...........BOB!

Tried sending you a PM but your box is full

Edge , I should be cleaned out now on PM's.............BOB!

Crazy, my dad, and grandpa are from oil city.

pm me their names.
  • Like 1

Odd to find so many people from NW PA here. I'm from Bradford. Know every creek in Warren, McKean, and Potter County. Very possible we've hunted the same ridges and drank at the same watering holes. 

My Dad that just died last week was born and raised in Brookville. After the War His whole family moved to Erie. When He Passed last week He was the last living member of the original Brookville gang that moved up. Rockscout ,I played Basketball in Erie and we played at Bradford every year. That was 70  to 73. Long time ago. My high school teamate Starred at ST, Boneventure 15 miles up the road from You They  won the 1977 NIT when there were only 32 teams in NCAA tourney then. I spent alotta time in all that country in the 60's till 77 when I moved here, And yes plaid was the camo of choice.I had a big red heavy jacket i wore that was My aunts. Kept me warm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GREAT TIMES back then.............BOB!

On 1/12/2017 at 10:28 AM, Stray Horse said:

I'm from Saint Mary's Pa. I've been to Oil City. I also lived in Corry not too far from Oil City.

I realize this is an old post, but I've been to Ridgway, PA, three times and I stayed in St. Mary's two of the three times. Real small town that was fun to stay in.

• Like 1

I have a standing invitation to hunt wt on my cousins farm near Cranberry I think... Maybe one day.