Lv2hnt

Help needed IMMEDIATELY for Hunts for Heroes desert sheep hunt

Hey Tom! Per our quick chat, I'm working on being there. Need to get a couple of work things covered (as well as my 17 year old daughter...). Should be able to get out there for at least a day or two. Can't wait!

S.

Ok guys, Tom is up to his eyeballs in texts, phone calls and logistics. Between coordinating the hunter, the help, trying to figure out where the sheep are and the logistics of the operation he has been going 100 mph since he found out about this opportunity at 1:00 PM today.

So here is what I know, the hunt will sort of center around Picketpost Mt. The hunter will be arriving mid day. So for tomorrow, if you want to help but haven't gotten direction go wherever you think or want tomorrow and rendezvous at the Picketpost mountain road between the 60 and the trailhead. There will be a camp set near the trailhead which will act as the hub for anyone who wants to come and help.

As I said, Tom is trying to sort through all the details right now. So if you want to help, just come down and get involved. If you know where to look for sheep and want to head out on your own, go for it. If you have a mature ram in a stalkable location get in touch with the camp or Tom via his cell above.

There are definitely enough sheep spread out over enough areas that all help is welcomed. Bring your glass, your own bedroll and a pair of boots.

The response from this site has been amazing, I would expect nothing less. Let's get this done!

• Like 7

carpcody:

Plz text me your phone #; I wrote it down, but not sure where on my sheets --- argh! (CRAZY afternoon, as you realize) ...

AZBULLHUNTER:

Plz call me in the morning (Wed); I've talked to both Brian & RJ ... (480)760-3868

Would love to see updates on how this is going. Best of luck to all and hope this young Hero is successful, an opportunity of a lifetime for sure.

• Like 1

Mike, You can always tell them you need to go to the store.............in Superior.

Dang, I'm working today and my binos are out of commission at the moment. If anyone in the Chandler/ Gilbert area (I live in Chandler) has a set of 15s they can loan to me for a couple days that will mount to my outdoorsmans adaptor I can come out Thursday and Friday to help you guys glass or I can glass the spots I keep seeing sheep the past couple years. Let me know and I'll see what I can do (I'd rather be out there than work). I'm sure there are several guys on here that can vouch for me as trustworthy.

Call or text (602)571-3246.

Your welcome to use my bino's. I will give you a call.

PM sent. If anyone else is headed out that way, please let me know and I will pass on what I can. Lv2hnt is crazy busy right now and is either almost to camp or headed up the mountain with the hunter by now.

UPDATE

The hunter just shot at a really nice Ram. I don't know any more than that. As soon as I know more I will let you know.

• Like 6