Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

Another taxidermy nightmare

This was my 2013 coues deer that i shot with my bow in velvet. I had put a deposit down and yes i didnt follow up as much as i should of. Everytime i thought about it i didnt have the money to really drop on it so i let it slide. I did check on it a few times when i droped off a turkey fan and got a turkey strut mount done durring that time and i got the excuse that it was either still drying in freezer or he was having a tanner issue until i saw it on the hang line in his shop which he said he should be getting done soon. Well just this past month i decided to stop in and i was actually just going to pick them up and have someone else do the mount for me and didnt see them on line rack or in progress so i got worried. Then i get this showed to me. He had them on line and mice or something got to the and i guess never decided to call me or even fix them. He told me he didnt no how to fix velvet but could fix the antler and was going get ahold of someone who does replicas to fix. So i said ok i will let you fix them but i am going to pick them up after that. Well two weeks later and i call and he doesnt know who i am at first then goes oh well i called the guy i know to fix them and he hasnt called me back. Next day i am at shop picking them up and my deposit. As i am leaving he goes i wish you would of let me fix them and i told him u had three years plus after i found out i gave you two weeks to do something about it and he made no attempt to fix so it is what it is. Cant believe there was not even an offer to take care of mount or really no ergency to fix Especially after i have spent a few thousand throughout the years with them. Oh well no more from now on. Now the delema is to find someone to fix these. Sorry pics always flippost-5098-0-92414000-1482882173_thumb.jpgpost-5098-0-15260100-1482882215_thumb.jpgpost-5098-0-72252900-1482882248_thumb.jpg

I know the entire story. This company is the worst I hAve ever heard of. I will let him tell you who if he wants, but 3 years and nothing touched. It was damaged and the owner did NOTHING to make it right.

What type of company takes a deposit, handles a 90" plus buck with a bow, allows it to be eaten by rodents, never tells you, and takes 3 years. Ain't even my buck but my friend is better man than me. I would have knocked his teeth out as repayment.

Wow, that really sucks. I have been very fortunate that I haven't had any taxidermy horror stories. I think there are enough people out there and few enough of them that even when they get bad reviews like this they will still get business. And without any organization to watch over them they don't have to be accountable for anything or anyone.

Wow, that really sucks. I have been very fortunate that I haven't had any taxidermy horror stories. I think there are enough people out there and few enough of them that even when they get bad reviews like this they will still get business. And without any organization to watch over them they don't have to be accountable for anything or anyone.

Ya with the look at all the antlers waiting to be done in his shop i am prob the last of his worries

I know the entire story. This company is the worst I hAve ever heard of. I will let him tell you who if he wants, but 3 years and nothing touched. It was damaged and the owner did NOTHING to make it right.

What type of company takes a deposit, handles a 90" plus buck with a bow, allows it to be eaten by rodents, never tells you, and takes 3 years. Ain't even my buck but my friend is better man than me. I would have knocked his teeth out as repayment.

knock his teeth out is only a start.

• Like 1