Sign in to follow this  
Maddglasser

Curly, my side on this

Over the last week I have been told of many outlandish statements, accusations, and assumptions. I've heard of name calling, story building and coattail riding. Pure and simple, if you want the REAL story...ask the right people.

With that being said, my judgement of Curly was wrong. Some say score doesn't matter. But in this age, it truly does. I called Curly 190. In many ways I knew he wasn't. Easy said now. I won't name the influential others that argued he was bigger. As time went on in the 120 degree heat and 3 years later, my love for this old ram resonated into my score for him. I was off, given the chance to see a ram like Curly again? I will make the same exact mistake again.

My guess was based off of my experience, not buddies at the bow shop and certainly not from internet forums.I put my guess from my own eyes on this ram over 9 times.

Its funny how many people had hijacked pics and internet knowledge but yet never spent one minute looking for Curly.

If my text/type made you to not want to book with me, GOOD! What you see is what you get. I guess that makes me a douchebag.if you ever do need any help in western Arizona tho, I will help you any way I can.

I do have passion.I did not accidentally post what I did. I was not hiding and I was not avoiding "owning up" I was enjoying an encredible season...once again.

Here's to 47 rams and here's to all the years ahead enjoying what I do.I don't apologize to any if you don't like me...chances are, I won't like you.

Have at it boys, I can handle it. However, this is my last time on this site. This is what will make hunting only stories to our grandchildren.

• Like 6

I guess I've been hiding in the dark, because I have no idea what this is about. Sounds like a very interesting story!

• Like 2

The short time I spent in the 43a camp I never put Travis & Madglasser together until after the hunt. From what I saw you seem very knowledgeable & dedicated to sheep hunting. Camp was great, good food, great stories and cold beer. Once Curly was found things got intense but overall the hunt for Chris was a success & Curly was harvested. That old ram was literally in the process of dieing of old age before our eyes. I don't think he would have survived this last storm we just had.

Over the last week I have been told of many outlandish statements, accusations, and assumptions. I've heard of name calling, story building and coattail riding. Pure and simple, if you want the REAL story...ask the right people.

With that being said, my judgement of Curly was wrong. Some say score doesn't matter. But in this age, it truly does. I called Curly 190. In many ways I knew he wasn't. Easy said now. I won't name the influential others that argued he was bigger. As time went on in the 120 degree heat and 3 years later, my love for this old ram resonated into my score for him. I was off, given the chance to see a ram like Curly again? I will make the same exact mistake again.

My guess was based off of my experience, not buddies at the bow shop and certainly not from internet forums.I put my guess from my own eyes on this ram over 9 times.

Its funny how many people had hijacked pics and internet knowledge but yet never spent one minute looking for Curly.

If my text/type made you to not want to book with me, GOOD! What you see is what you get. I guess that makes me a douchebag.if you ever do need any help in western Arizona tho, I will help you any way I can.

I do have passion.I did not accidentally post what I did. I was not hiding and I was not avoiding "owning up" I was enjoying an encredible season...once again.

Here's to 47 rams and here's to all the years ahead enjoying what I do.I don't apologize to any if you don't like me...chances are, I won't like you.

Have at it boys, I can handle it. However, this is my last time on this site. This is what will make hunting only stories to our grandchildren.

Glad you came back to give us your take on the whole situation. I really didn't think you'd come back and admit to overscoring. So props on that. But adding on all the other nonsense didn't really help. Not that you care as you pointed out.

I've said my fair share of controversial things here on this site and have said plenty of dumb things on this site but nothing anyone's said or done has made me want to leave the site. There's a lot to learn from the guys here. Noones expecting an apology from you but simply letting people have a different opinion other than your own without getting upset would help. You kind of went ballistic on some guys that simply guessed the score of a ram. Which then caused myself and a few others to keep pouring it on because of how upset you were getting over nothing.

Having said that once again glad you came back to talk about it atleast. But I don't think all the arrogant stuff that came after it really helped accomplish anything. I'm sure if myself or most of the other guys here met each other in person we would get along just fine. So don't let one little argument over a sheep score get you pissed off enough to leave the site. Sorry if you were offended by some of the things I said to you and hope you stick around.

• Like 1

Ok, can we have the real story then? Not trying to start anything, but you list all the above and then only go on to say how you overscored the ram. Which, who hasn't? You did get a little "passionate" in your discussion, but that doesn't necessarily make you a douchebag as you say, just human.

I'd like to hear the particulars on how this ram was killed, unless it starts a bunch of nonsense again.

And no longer visiting the site solves nothing. Coming on here and explaining yourself was a great start to quelling the BS in my opinion - so lets hear the rest.

• Like 2

After raking someone over the coals for guessing a score on a ram that turned out to be right and you turned out to be wrong... A simple sorry might have been nice. But not the slightest bit of humility and only more arrogance on your part. I certainly would not recommend you.

• Like 2