Sign in to follow this  
Heat

Replica Sheep Horns for Hunt for Heroes Tag Donor - Passing the Hat

Fellow Coueswhitetail.com members:

After contemplating the enormous sacrifice that the tag donor made in giving up his sheep permit, several of us feel compelled to help him receive a token of gratitude. What better way to do this than to present him a set of replica horns from the ram that was killed with the tag he donated. AES, the tag donor and the hunter are all on board, so now all that is left to do is to collect the funds and get the work started. I am happy to collect the funds and start off the donations with the first $50 and see where things go from there. I am hoping others are willing to contribute as well. All funds collected over and above the amount necessary will be donated directly to the Hunt for Heroes program. Please send me a PM if you want to donate. Using Paypal would be a good way to track this ($25, $50, $75, $100).

Please note that this is solely a Coueswhitetail.com effort.

Happy New Year and Best of Luck in the drawings this coming year!

Nick Heatwole

• Like 1

Great idea Nick. I will send you a check on my next pay day.

• Like 1

For the story behind this look under Hunts For Heroes - Desert Bighorn Hunt See post # 1 and # 47

That seems to be as good as a Marine and an old truck driver are able to tell the 2 parts to this story. If it is going to be done any better we probably need an author.

That is freaking Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job getting this done buddy!!!!!

The CWT community comes through again!

Eric (10sec72) reached out to his dad in Montana. After hearing about the Hunts for Heroes program, one of his business associates up there is going to put together a duplicate set of horns for the original tag holder. This service is being donated. How cool is that?

There will be some Spring javelina and turkey tags donated back to Hunts for Heroes in the next few weeks. I'll post a new thread in the Campfire section shortly for those of you who'd like to get involved and help some Arizona vets heal a bit through hunting here in our state. You can also go to FaceBook and click on the new "Arizona Elk Society Hunts for Heroes" page to join the group there.

You guys (and gals) rock!

• Like 4

That's awesome. Glad it was a happy outcome for everyone. Can't wait to see the final product of the actual mount and the replica horns.

That's awesome. Glad it was a happy outcome for everyone. Can't wait to see the final product of the actual mount and the replica horns.

A happy outcome for everyone....

The original tag holder was recently able to get his mother out of the hospital. She is in a nursing home because she still needs frequent medical attention but that beats being in the hospital on your death bed.