BDR

My Wife's 2017 Archery Muley

Well I don't often share stories on here but this ones worth it!

My wife has hunted all her life and she likes to say that she has been hunting since before I was born! Which is true because shes older than me and her parents took her early. But she has only been into archery this season.

The night before she shot this buck she went out with her mom and our 4 KIDS to look for some deer while I was at work. I got the call just before sunset that she was into a group with a few bucks and that my mother in law was about to roll her suv on the side of a hill so I went quickly to where they were and got the suv corrected and went to find my wife. She ended up backing out with no shot and darkness coming quick.

The next morning we went back and she found them again! This time only our 8 year old with us. My brother in law Kennyazman found us and we waited as she went in alone, I ended up leaving our son up on a hill across from my brother in law to go join her. As we were stalking a bigger buck this one gave us a decent shot at 48 yards. She drew back without ranging then as im standing standing by her in shock she asks for the distance - I reach into her coat pocket to grab the rangefinder and just a second after I say 48.5 I hear the bow right by my ear! As I watch the buck walk slowly over the hill I see no blood or arrow but when we go to where he was standing she finds blood and of course starts to cry and say "that was the coolest thing ive ever done!" HAHA We end up watching the buck go down with my son and brother in law nearby. She put in the time on the range with the kids while I was at work during the off season and I really had nothing to do with the kill other than the yardage. I cant say enough about her passion, patience, and perseverance.

Cant thank my brother in law Kenny enough for all the help - ive learned alot from that dude.

This is how ive always imagined hunting should be, full of family and lots of emotion.

Oh and I forgot to mention she is 6 MONTHS PREGNANT with our 5th kid!!

Thanks for reading.

post-9693-0-42155600-1484017083_thumb.jpg

• Like 32

That's awesome! My wife just arrowed her first buck last week too. It's a very proud day for us hubbies. Tell her congratulations.

It was an amazing day. She showed so much patience while stalking these deer. She waited and waited and waited them out for hours while she was 100 yards from the herd until the opportunity presented itself for her to inch closer. It was a lot of fun to watch unfold.

• Like 1

Wow! What a woman you found. Im working on trying to get my wife more into the game, but its a slow process.

Congrats to her on the fantastic first archery deer and congrats to both of you on the great family and new baby!

Very cool! That's a heck of a woman right there! My wife doesn't hunt...sometimes I wish she did. It would be fun to share the experience together.

Awesome! Congrats to your wife and thanks for sharing the story.