Sign in to follow this  
Little Creek Calls

2017 National Call Making Contest

Here are a few pictures of the calls I am entering into the national call making contest this year. Just finished making them and feel they turned out great. I will be taking my family back to the NWTF convention in Nashville where the calls will be judged and then sold on auction.

post-5325-0-09907300-1484026760_thumb.jpg

post-5325-0-73921600-1484026776_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Those look awesome Ammon, good luck in the contest!

The winning calls are sold in a special live auction. All other calls are sold in a silent auction. There are usually 600 to 900 calls in the competition so as you can imagine they sell fairly cheap with that many calls being sold at one time. Usually well below normal value. A lot of times call makers buy their own calls back to resale because of the low prices. If you want me to bid on one of my calls for you just let me know what you are interested in. All of the money goes to the NWTF. The call on the left is Mesquite with crystal calling surface. The call in the middle is Pecan with a copper calling surface. The call on the right is Shoestring Acacia with slate calling surface over a slate soundboard.

• Like 1

I'll call you I want to listen to the Pecan with copper. Rossislider may want the Mesquite with crystal i have one of those and really like it.

• Like 1

Really good looking calls. I imagine the sound coming off is even sweeter than they look. Nice work Ammon.

Thanks Bill. It’s going to be a good trip. Going to the Convention, taking my kids to watch the youth calling competition catch a few seminars visit a few booths and see how my calls do in the call making contest. We are also going to the Opry, catch a show at the blue bird café, visit the country music hall of fame, the Parthenon, and a civil war battlefield.

• Like 5

Ammon do you have room to bring a book home for me? There is a new book out there called "Turkey Men" its about some cohorts that are US Slamming the author will have signed copy for me at his booth.

Ammon if you can it will be at booth 923 the book is "Turkey Men" volume 1. If you go by on Saturday Doc Weddle will also be at the booth he authored the book "Turkey Tails and Tales Across the US" and should have a few copies of his book I already have one but you may want a copy it's a great read. Doc is one of the hunters featured in the Turkey Men book. Thank you and Good Luck on your calls hope they win for you.