Sign in to follow this  
Big or Bust

Elk Guide Unit 23 Archery

I knew A3 sat a few water holes in the south end of 23N this year and picked them off one after another. 370", 390" Not my thing.

23's are also GroundPounders back yard. Cash and Waylon are good guys.

I'd also consider Dave Bruns who guides 23N/S. He is on this forum. azelkhunter

I tagged out 23N early archery last year early and literally think of that hunt everyday and the monsters I saw that I didn't chase. I can't wait to head up there when sheds drop.

I knew A3 sat a few water holes in the south end of 23N this year and picked them off one after another. 370", 390" Not my thing.

I tagged out 23N early archery last year early and literally think of that hunt everyday and the monsters I saw that I didn't chase. I can't wait to head up there when sheds drop.

Is that the same Dave who volunteers for the youth elk camp with the ADA? He knows 23 very well, and I'd be inclined to hire him solely for the fact that he volunteers to help the kids like he does, that's awesome.

• Like 3

wut

Az ground pounders for shore if you want a dandy. They work there butt off for you.

Is that the same Dave who volunteers for the youth elk camp with the ADA? He knows 23 very well, and I'd be inclined to hire him solely for the fact that he volunteers to help the kids like he does, that's awesome.

Dave is also a fireman in his other 8 months of the year, and truly a stand up guy. I do not know him from guiding, just as a hunter.

wut

I hunted DIY with my Dad, yet met a lot of the other 15 hunters before the hunt and we shared stories after. I didn't kill a monster bull but was happy with my hunt. I did see some huge elk, but they were 2-300 yards away right as it got dark. If I didn't shoot mine I would have been up on their ridge the next afternoon. Like I said, still think about that hunt everyday and the what-ifs.
  • Like 2

You make it sound like they had one hole and just stacked them up as they walked in. That's not quite how it happened. But yes, they did kill a 370" bull and a 390" bull on water holes, different water holes, the first night. I don't remember what kind of bull their third hunter ended up killing.

For a bad rut year, it was sure crazy down there that first weekend, I'd almost be afraid to see it on a good year.

• Like 1

I think the guy I know sent you his info via PM.

I love sitting water for elk. I love it more when I have a chance at a 370

Got to be in a unit that has them to have the chance. Unit 23 is one of those places along with 9, 10 and 4B.

• Like 1

If you like you can give me a call. I would be happy to answer any and all of your questions. If it all goes as planned I am already booked for 2017 ( I only take one client per hunt ) But I can give you a great deal of info on the unit and the top guides in the unit. Dave 602-228-1719

• Like 6

If you like you can give me a call. I would be happy to answer any and all of your questions. If it all goes as planned I am already booked for 2017 ( I only take one client per hunt ) But I can give you a great deal of info on the unit and the top guides in the unit. Dave 602-228-1719

This is the guy I was referring to.

Thanks for the help on the youth hunt man!

• Like 1

This is the guy I was referring to.

Thanks for the help on the youth hunt man!

You will not find a better human being. Knows the unit like the back of his hand, even though there is no elk in 23. For those who need to plaster photos on social and fakebook, you will have to do that yourselves. He's old school

• Like 2