Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Toughest hunt in az

Spot and stalk archery coues hunting has to be the toughest hunt in a lot of states but for sure in az?

Spent the last few days waaaayyy off grid with my hunting partner. Backpacks full of optics and warm clothes we picked up deer after deer and chased several. Up the mountains down the mountains , hours on the glass and hours hiking hear to there trying to get close. They just would not bed, they were up all dang day. When they did bed it was out in the wide open or in the thickest crap imaginable!

We had a blast, I would have been fine just watching the rut all day. We did pretty well with only one blown stalk, we just knew not to push all the other stalks and backed out. Just couldn't get that last 50 yards. I've never been so happy to get under my heated blanket back home. lol. Wind was just cutting like an ice knife.

post-10379-0-95782000-1484165020_thumb.jpegpost-10379-0-43719300-1484165060_thumb.jpegpost-10379-0-43417400-1484165107_thumb.jpeg

• Like 8

Looks like an awesome time! I will finally be heading out for the first time this year. Although I have my sights on a nice Muley buck.

All the deer shots were through a razor spotter with I phone at about 600 to 800 yards or more. I'm really happy with this glass.

Mulepacker, if you can get in close, but not quite shooting close, you should really try calling to them. I have an 8 dollar fawn bleater that I always carry arround my neck with my compass and its brought dozens of deer from over 100 to less than 30. Just make sure you're well hidden and they are not already suspicious. If they're already on to you, it wont work, but if theyre feeding or bedded and have no idea youre around, I've had them come in so fast I thought for sure I was about to get ran over.

Its worth a try.

• Like 2

Mulepacker, if you can get in close, but not quite shooting close, you should really try calling to them. I have an 8 dollar fawn bleater that I always carry arround my neck with my compass and its brought dozens of deer from over 100 to less than 30. Just make sure you're well hidden and they are not already suspicious. If they're already on to you, it wont work, but if theyre feeding or bedded and have no idea youre around, I've had them come in so fast I thought for sure I was about to get ran over.

Its worth a try.

Is it like a fawn distress call? I've seen videos of does running for it but not with bucks.

Its worth a try.

Is it like a fawn distress call? I've seen videos of does running for it but not with bucks.

Mine is just a bleater but you can blow it like a predator call to make distress calls..... and it really pisses them off. Snorting jumping stamping their feet mad. It doesnt always work, but when it does it can be pretty exciting. And yes, its usually does that respond, but bucks will follow them in.

No guarantees, but if you have no other play it might get you a shot.