Sign in to follow this  
JakeUSMC

Just throwing it out there

Just wanted to see if anyone would be willing to help a disabled veteran fairly new to western (Arizona) bowhunting have a successful hunt.

how disabled, can you walk or do you need to sit water? Sitting water now is a waste of time, too much rain and the deer won't be hitting the guzzlers for a couple months, too many natural pools for them to drink from.

• Like 1

In addition to the question already posed about ability to walk/hike or difficulty getting around (you might qualify for a CHAMP permit depending on level of disability)...what area of the state will you be hunting? Lots of helpful folks on here...

To answer the question. Yes I can walk. I am not limited to hunting out of a vehicle. My legs work well enough with knee braces. My disability stems from a broken back and spinal damage.

Jake and I have an upcoming phone call set up ...

• Like 4

how disabled, can you walk or do you need to sit water? Sitting water now is a waste of time, too much rain and the deer won't be hitting the guzzlers for a couple months, too many natural pools for them to drink from.

I had a camera on water and the other day when it was storming like heck and raining, all the washes running, I still had a few deer hit it that day and 2 were mature bucks. Maybe it was a fluke

• Like 1

Guest oneshot

Semper Fi Brother... Welcome... I'm sure some CWT members will give a helping hand, most are very supportive of our Military...

Guest oneshot

Jake and I have an upcoming phone call set up ...

^^^THATS^^^ what I'm talking about...

just my experience that usually the guzzlers shut down after a good rain, the deer come into them real cautious because they get ambushed by lions a lot at water so if they can go elsewhere they seem to do it

• Like 1