BowHuntAZ

Need Trap for Coyote

I'm looking to borrow a live trap big enough for a coyote. My sister is having issues with a coyote coming onto her property and harassing her animals. Problem is that it is coming in late at night or early morning and I'm not about to spend my nights sitting in her back yard waiting for it.

If anyone has one they wouldn't mind loaning or renting to me for a few days I would really appreciate it. I don't want to go as far as hiring someone to remove the coyote, just need the trap and I'll take care of the rest.

I was wondering if they would fall for a cage trap or not. I first offered to leg trap it but she said she couldn't handle hearing it so I was trying to find a better solution. Appreciate any other suggestions you guys have too.

Getting a coyote to go into a cage is nearly impossible. Leghold would be best bet. Does she live in one of the metro units? If so no trapping at all is allowed.

Brian

Appreciate any other suggestions you guys have too.

I didn't say it before you asked but honestly, I would be there at first light with a kitten in distress e-call and one of those heavy arrows I know you sling around. Double check her city ordinance but it should be legal, and maybe a little fun too.

• Like 1

Didn't even look at the regs yet since leg hold trapping was out of the equation but great info to know nonetheless.

I've hung out there with my bow before but it's only coming around late or early and I have to be at work early am so it'd be tough to find time to call in the morning.

Sounds like I'm running out of options just shy of committing some time to it.

Thanks everyone who put in their two cents.

Its not that hard to get a yote in a cage What is hard all the work you have to put in to the set!!!It has to be Scent proof-no metal smell no human smell.And the right bait and lure scent.I use a 24-24-60 inch cage and caught many yotes in it,Have also caught them in smaller cat cages but the bigger one seems to work better!