Sign in to follow this  
tarandjr

FS: Ruger Vaquero .45 w/ 5-1/2" bbl

My elderly father-in-law is "downsizing" so I'm helping him sell some of his collection to finance his move to a new place. First up is a nice Ruger Vaquero .45 cal with 5-1/2" barrel, serial # 57-7xxxx. Color case finished around the cylinder, the remainder is blue steel. $500

Also for sale is a very nice leather belt and holster for the Vaquero. The belt is from Territorial Gunleather in Tombstone and is marked as a size 42. I wear a 36" pant size, though, and it fits me nicely. The holster was made by San Pedro Saddlery in Tombstone and has a silver dollar inset in the leather. $150

post-9415-0-36193100-1484790304_thumb.jpg

post-9415-0-32610000-1484790328_thumb.jpg

post-9415-0-59604800-1484790346_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That is a Bisley Vaquero. Nice gun.

Thanks, guys. I didn't see any Bisley marking but I researched it a little more and I can see that it has the Bisley hammer and grip. And it is a super nice gun.

firing pin on the hammer or transfer bar safety?

All rugers have the firing pin in the frame and they never made the vaquero without a transfer bar saftey.

some folks sent them in and had the transfer bar put on, the company would send back the original parts so you could put it back to stock if you wanted

• Like 1

some folks sent them in and had the transfer bar put on, the company would send back the original parts so you could put it back to stock if you wanted

Only on the old 3 screw black hawks and single six. Vaqueros never came without a transfer bar saftey.