Sign in to follow this  
Desert_Angler

Eurasian Collared Doves

I recently started hunting with an air rifle and would love to start going after invasive species like European Starlings and Eurasian Collared Doves. Does anyone have any spots that you can reliably find these birds on State Land, BLM Land, or County Islands? Normally, I would never ask for other peoples hunting spots for game like deer, elk, javelina, etc. but since these are pest birds, I figured people might share. I know these birds are very common in urban areas, but I want to keep it 100% legal so I don't get cited by the authorities. Thanks.

I live on a county island and have plenty of these birds hanging around. Not sure what people will say if you start shooting them but i,m good with it.

You will find that most people will not give up their Eurasian Dove hunting spots, for the same reasons you want to start hunting them. Since they are considered to be a non-native species they can be hunted all year. Most people won't give up those spots in fear of loosing permission or loosing the resource. With a little time and effort you will find them. Eurasian Dove hunting is Awesome!!!!!!!

• Like 1

You will find that most people will not give up their Eurasian Dove hunting spots, for the same reasons you want to start hunting them. Since they are considered to be a non-native species they can be hunted all year. Most people won't give up those spots in fear of loosing permission or loosing the resource. With a little time and effort you will find them. Eurasian Dove hunting is Awesome!!!!!!!

Fair enough. It looks like I've got to do some scouting and/or see if a rancher/farmer will let me shoot on their property.

it's kinda - where the pellet goes when you miss- I've had several pellet bb holes in my windows - no tellin how far pellets actually travel , especially if shooting them off powerlines etc.

just sayin - otherwise shoot all those dang pests ! put out bird seed block and shoot to the ground !