Sign in to follow this  
Zeke-BE

What Not to Do on a Javelina Hunt

Came to this down hill and looked at it and said it might be hariy!! Crawling into it i knew it will be bad and I past the point of no return. I went against my own wisdom about riding quad and UTVs ---"if you doubt, don't"!

Well to say the least by a miracle we were okay! Just some bumps and scratches. No seat belts on, we were lucky!! Stupid stupid stupid! I have never rolled a quad or any vehicle, so once we started to go I was clearly thinking to myself am i really rolling this! Next thought was I didn't want to get my limbs caught. Got out said a prayer of gratitude that me and my brother didn't get hurt, said another prayer to help us find a way to flip this rhino over on the side of the hill and get home safely. Then one more prayer for forgiveness for choosing stupid choices :)

Got it rolled over by sliding it to the side of the hill so we can use the hill to help us pick it up and then ran up to the side of it before it took off and used my hand to hit the break!!! No damage, the rhino started right up, went back to hunting. No pigs at all today, but glassed up a herd of mule deer and a fat 4X4 DARK horn buck!

But I did bread my arrows. Lucky for me I still had my pistol

post-12761-0-05140600-1486780968_thumb.jpg

post-12761-0-86756400-1486781033_thumb.jpg

post-12761-0-11687900-1486781065_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

The ATV appears fine in the picture, but the ground looks a little tipped. I'm laughing with you. Took me over 1/2 hour to get my first picture up. I have no idea what I would do if it came out sideways. Glad to hear everyone is OK.

I was thinking that what not to do on a javelina hunt was get a javelina. I got one once that was so tough my rottweiler chewed on a piece for a bit, spit it out and looked at me like "what did I do to deserve that?" Actually the last one I got was real good. They really seem to vary.

• Like 1

It's good to get the first one out of the way, that way you'll know what to do next time.

I'm all seriousness I'm glad you guys are ok

Wow, I'm impressed. Hard work to get a rhino tipped. Lol

Glad nothing was hurt but arrows and pride.

Be honest though, deep down in the dark places of your mind the teenage boy in you wants to do it again....

• Like 2

I rolled a quad once with my soon to be wife on the back. When I saw her dad the next day he asked me whether I thought enough of the future mother of my children to give her a helmet before tipping the machine over. Lesson learned. Don't tell FIL anything.

• Like 3

It almost looks like the table mesa road in unit 21. That's just a guess, but I've been on that road and I won't be back. I'm glad that you guys are ok.

Not 20a or 21. It was Ham in 37B

Thank goodness you're both alright. Two years ago I rolled my quad in 24B and had to be air lifted to Scottsdale Osborn Trauma Center two weeks before I was to retire. The helicopter ride was $78,000. Thank god I had good insurance at the time. :)

TJ

We've all done stupid stuff, the real idiots are the ones that have to make the same mistake more than once before they finally get it.

Glad you guys are alright.

I rolled my Ranger twice on its side after I put a lift and a full roll cage on it. I put wheel spacers on it to make it more stable. Changing the center of gravity can make it tippy.

I had never done it either and did it twice in the same dammm day. Didnt happen to be in 20a did it?

We've all done stupid stuff, the real idiots are the ones that have to make the same mistake more than once before they finally get it.

Glad you guys are alright.

Just curious, is there a "in the same day" exception to being declared an idiot?