Sign in to follow this  
Zeke-BE

What Not to Do on a Javelina Hunt

On the way back from Tombstone to Sierra Vista my boss came across an accident. Dude was a hunter that got ejected from his jeep. He was conscious and aware but wasn't in hardly any pain. Not always a good sign. He probably was on a dirt road just poppin back out on the main road to hit the next one and Boom! Life just got real different. It made me think about all the times I think I'm just heading to the next place just down the road. I've been making myself and kids wear the seat belts EVERY SINGLE TIME (the kids always have but not me) even if I'm only going a very short distance. You just never know what could happen and it sure ain't worth your life, or even worse someone else's.

Side note, the dude ended up with a broken neck. It happened to be a neihbor of one of my coworkers pest control customers. Last time he was at her house he saw the guy walking around with a neck brace. Lucky, lucky dude.

Glad your OK, but be more careful.

• Like 1

Thank goodness you're both alright. Two years ago I rolled my quad in 24B and had to be air lifted to Scottsdale Osborn Trauma Center two weeks before I was to retire. The helicopter ride was $78,000. Thank god I had good insurance at the time. :)

TJ

Really!!!!!!! 78,000 for an air lift???? Talking about taking avantage of insurance companies! Go to Sedona for a ride, up,to 500 dollars a person and going down to Havasupi is a few humdred dollars one way! I could understand emergency airlift 10k and personnel 8k and medical equipment 2k a total 20k. But 78k is high way robbery.

But nonetheless glad you had insurance and modern technology to make it back and be ok

Thank goodness you're both alright. Two years ago I rolled my quad in 24B and had to be air lifted to Scottsdale Osborn Trauma Center two weeks before I was to retire. The helicopter ride was $78,000. Thank god I had good insurance at the time. :)

TJ

Really!!!!!!! 78,000 for an air lift???? Talking about taking avantage of insurance companies! Go to Sedona for a ride, up,to 500 dollars a person and going down to Havasupi is a few humdred dollars one way! I could understand emergency airlift 10k and personnel 8k and medical equipment 2k a total 20k. But 78k is high way robbery.

But nonetheless glad you had insurance and modern technology to make it back and be ok

Thanks! :)

TJ

I have flopped my rock crawler a few times. It is interesting for sure. I did a 3/4 roll in a buddies crawler too. That was much more violent than just a flop.

I always harness up. To many people die because they don't harness up, or only put on a lap belt. 4 point harness at a minimum in a crawler, racers razor, side x side, etc.

Harley

TJ

Everything related to healthcare is ridiculous. I broke a toe once and they gave me this Velcro open foot shoe thing. Basically a Velcro flip flop. It was on the bill for almost $200. I get medical professionals should be paid well but one flip flop for what a pair of Jordan's cost. I don't think so. Part of the reason health insurance cost are ridiculous.