Flatlander

4B Roll Call

Who else put in for the early archery hunt in 4B? What other units did you guys apply for?

30 Days and counting till cards get charged.

Aren't you sitting on a bunch of points? Or did you draw recently?

I like the way you roll. I've got a bunch of family sitting on 10-11 pts and are trying to hold out for a "premier" unit and all they do is keep raising tag numbers in those premier units and dropping them over in little old 4b. I'm glad everyone thinks it sucks.

I put in for 4B...I think 3rd choice. 5B-S and 5A for 1st and 2nd. Only 5 points, so I'm not making any definite plans.

I'm having a hard time believing Flatlander blew 11 points on 4b. Living up there and hunting it quite often I wouldn't use more than 5-6 points to draw it. It can be awesome and it can be horrible just never know what you'll get year to year. Can't wait to see how many guys applied there with the Jay scott podcast but I would expect most of them to be disappointed once they get there if they think they're gonna kill 370 bulls.

• Like 3

I'm having a hard time believing Flatlander blew 11 points on 4b. Living up there and hunting it quite often I wouldn't use more than 5-6 points to draw it. It can be awesome and it can be horrible just never know what you'll get year to year. Can't wait to see how many guys applied there with the Jay scott podcast but I would expect most of them to be disappointed once they get there if they think they're gonna kill 370 bulls.

sandbagger. youre gonna have clients lined up all september

That the unit darr's boy killed in last year?

If I can sit a waterhole and have a chance at a 370 bull what does it matter whether I am in a "premier" unit or not?

My buddies live in Joe City and have pics of some absolute giant mule deer and bulls in the junipers. I am tired of collecting points. It's time to hunt.

• Like 15

If I can sit a waterhole and have a chance at a 370 bull what does it matter whether I am in a "premier" unit or not?

My buddies live in Joe City and have pics of some absolute giant mule deer and bulls in the junipers. I am tired of collecting points. It's time to hunt.

I heard 4b had some of the biggest bucks in the state. so i put my dad in for it, he got a pretty nice buck way up there

4b can be very tough for decent bulls. Sometimes it can be good.. Getting one or two pictures of great bulls is the downfall of many 4b hunters. Those bulls are usually long gone when Sept. comes. High expectations usually turn sour after a few days of little to no elk and no bugeling.

That being said it can be done...keep a positive attitude after the first few days..

4b can be very tough for decent bulls. Sometimes it can be good.. Getting one or two pictures of great bulls is the downfall of many 4b hunters. Those bulls are usually long gone when Sept. comes. High expectations usually turn sour after a few days of little to no elk and no bugeling.

That being said it can be done...keep a positive attitude after the first few days..

Last year I saw a picture posted in a Facebook group of a very distinctive 7x7 bull that was claimed to be in 4b before the rut. My cousin and I were chasing the same bull in a neighboring unit during the rut.