Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Steve Shooks - dedicated hunter passed away

Jim Reynolds called me with the new of Steve's passing. I only met him a couple times, but he was a fun guy to be around I loved chatting with him about hunting. I know he helped Jim with hunts down in Mexico. Such a young guy and so sad to lose him.

The memorial service was held Feb 11. But here is a bit of a write up about him that Jim sent me. I am sure Jim can say more about what a great guy Steve was. I know he will be greatly missed. Rest in peace friend.

post-1-0-58115300-1487201633_thumb.png

Steve Shooks was an exceptional hunter! If he wasn't out looking for dove, quail, rabbits, coyotes etc. he was hunting big game. Or just out helping someone else to be successful. I met Steve in November of 1984 hunting Coues deer in the middle of nowhere in Southern Az. Trophy Coues deer was an immediate bond between us. We hunted around Southern Az. and down into Mexico hunting together year after year. The memory's of so many hunts together will remain with me forever. Steve will be missed by so many people who were fortunate to be his friend. When the good Lord calls my name I'll see you again buddy... Jim Reynolds

• Like 3