Havasuhunter

1 year results

A year ago I decided to make a serious change and start focusing more on health.

I started at 215lbs and 28% body fat.

1 year later I'm 185lbs 18% body fat and stronger than ever.

Mostly Paleo diet, but not strict. Running a couple days a week and crossfit 3-5 days a week, which I love.

I'm hoping to continue close to 1% body fat loss the rest of the year until I get that the ultimate goal of 9-10%, which I think is very attainable for me. I'm actually leaning out more rabidly now than I did the first few months because of the muscle mass I've put back on.

It feels good to be fit and well worth the effort.

• Like 5

Pinch and calipers.

Nice work and sticking to a routine for a year is the key, needs to be part of everyday life not just 2 months before elk season.

You'll be a beast in the hills when you get a tag

• Like 1

One of the things I really like about the OP is I didn't know he did cross fit. Usually you already know this because the person tells you ever day. A couple buddies run a gym on my side of town. Maybe it's time to check it out. Heck, they maintain a kegerator on site. It can't be terrible.

Kudos on the lifestyle adjustment. We all think about it, most of us never take the leap.

• Like 1

That's awesome! Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, how do you figure out what % body fat you are? Can you do it yourself or do you have to see a doc?

I have them measure me with tape and use the electronic device that measures it at my gym. We have plenty of trainers so it's never a problem to get measured or tested.

One of the things I really like about the OP is I didn't know he did cross fit. Usually you already know this because the person tells you ever day. A couple buddies run a gym on my side of town. Maybe it's time to check it out. Heck, they maintain a kegerator on site. It can't be terrible.

Kudos on the lifestyle adjustment. We all think about it, most of us never take the leap.

I've done a lot of different things, Crossfit is the absolute best program for me. Because I'm so competitive, I actually find it fun. Something I can't say I ever felt about any other workout. We maintain a kegerater too! LOL

A lot of people are anti crossfit, pro crossfit, whatever. Find what you like and stick with it. I go to Havasu Crossfit and I'll never stop.

Good stuff OP

That's awesome! Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, how do you figure out what % body fat you are? Can you do it yourself or do you have to see a doc?

Calipers or find someone who can tell you based on a picture. The electronic bs you hold in your hand isn't accurate.

Good stuff OP

Calipers or find someone who can tell you based on a picture. The electronic bs you hold in your hand isn't accurate.

It's still a great baseline though as long as you're consistent. You have to do it pre workout, same time of the day, make sure your hands are dry, etc.

Measurements, calipers, electronic method are all relative. The key is to improve.

Im more concerned with all my lifting PRs and overall fitness now.

The elk on the ridge 3 miles away doesn't care about your body fat percentage.

• Like 1

Good stuff OP

It's still a great baseline though as long as you're consistent. You have to do it pre workout, same time of the day, make sure your hands are dry, etc.

Measurements, calipers, electronic method are all relative. The key is to improve.

Im more concerned with all my lifting PRs and overall fitness now.

The elk on the ridge 3 miles away doesn't care about your body fat percentage.

To each their own, but I can almost guarantee I can give you better idea based on a picture than any electronic device you hold in your hand.

The elk on the ridge 3 miles away probably doesn't care how many times you can flail around with a bar in your hand either 😂

Totally kidding, I'm not a fan of crossfit but I am a big fan of fitness to aid hunting

• Like 1

Totally kidding, I'm not a fan of crossfit but I am a big fan of fitness to aid hunting

Definitely makes it more enjoyable being fit. I'd recommend anyone that has a passion for hunting work on their fitness.

Night and day for me.

Definitely makes it more enjoyable being fit. I'd recommend anyone that has a passion for hunting work on their fitness.

Night and day for me.

Amen to that
  • Like 2

A year ago I decided to make a serious change and start focusing more on health.

I started at 215lbs and 28% body fat.

1 year later I'm 185lbs 18% body fat and stronger than ever.

Mostly Paleo diet, but not strict. Running a couple days a week and crossfit 3-5 days a week, which I love.

I'm hoping to continue close to 1% body fat loss the rest of the year until I get that the ultimate goal of 9-10%, which I think is very attainable for me. I'm actually leaning out more rabidly now than I did the first few months because of the muscle mass I've put back on.

It feels good to be fit and well worth the effort.

Now that you've been doing it awhile have you noticed whether your spending more on food? Or less?