Sign in to follow this  
CouesFanatic

Bobcats home area

I got a picture 4 days ago on my trail cam of a great looking bobcat. I want to go back in the area and try to call him in. What is the likelihood that he will be in the same area? It's on a game trail fairly high on a hillside. Some brush in the draws below that I figure would be good country for him. The north facing hillside is cedar. Thanks

• Like 1

Almost sounds like your in a females range and and had a Tom come through. I have personally noticed from trapping that females make a small circuit( like 3-4 days) and this is the prime time for males to be sniffing out females so I would hammer that area calling. The male will hang around if there is a female there. From personal experience cats can take a long time to come in when called. The last cat I shot came in at almost the 2 hour mark!

Wow. Looks at those rosettes on the sides of that second cat. Would make an awsome full mount. Definitely different cats.

Cats range can be huge if the prey base is light or sparce.If you have a lot of cottontails they should have a much smaller range.But with the Toms looking for females in the southern part of the state now,they will travel.