rossislider

*Updated W/Pics *My Son Wants to Clean Your Skulls

My 12 year old son is looking to start his own business cleaning animal skulls. He is a smart hard working kid, and thinks that this would be a great way to earn his own money through his teenage years. I want to encourage his entrepreneurial spirit, but told him he needs lots of practice before others trust him with their hard earned trophies and money.

To that end, we are looking for any skulls we can get our hands on for him to practice with. I will be assisting him through the entire process until he gets it down really good. We have done a couple of coyote skulls already, but we both need a lot more experience and practice.

If you have any unwanted skulls that would be good for a practice cleaning from just about any animal (coyotes, javelina, deer, elk, etc) antlered or antlerless that you wouldn't mind donating, or even for a free cleaning (with the understanding that it is a beginner who is learning that will be doing the cleaning), please let me know. We are in Queen Creek, but I could meet in much of the east or central valley. I also get up north on occasion if you are able to freeze and save the head for him. Please, nothing that has been left out and is nasty, smelly, and rotten.

Thanks

• Like 3

Good for him! I love seeing youth excited about entrepreneurship and It's great that you're encouraging your son. I have no doubt they'll grow to be the back bone of this country.

I'm left with a javelina tag soup but will keep him in mind on my next hunt and pass it on if someone's looking. :)

• Like 1

Thats really cool, good for him. Wish I were closer, I'd definitely give you a few. Good/Bad thing being so far east - I'm 2,700 miles from a Coues deer, but I can literally shoot as many deer as I want. A buddy killed 61 last year. Yes, sixty-one :blink:

• Like 2

Great to hear. Don't have any right now but come this fall if he still wants practice I will keep him in mind.

• Like 1

I have a javelina skull. Its frozen. I live in gilbert power and germann at power ranch

• Like 2

Dang. WishI would have seen this earlier. I just tossed some Bobcat skulls today. They were missing the bottom jaws but would have been good to practice with.

• Like 1

Wow...this is a great thing you're doing by helping a young entrepreneur pursue his passion of hunting and everything that goes along with it!

I'm sure you'll get plenty of folks to volunteer their trophys, so please be sure to post pictures of the results!

• Like 1

Just a thought. You may want to post this in the "Predator Hunting and Trapping" part of the Forum. Could be a great way of getting plenty of coyote skulls for practice.

• Like 1

I love it. What a cool kid. He's a rare breed in this day and age. Drop a reminder come the fall hunts.

• Like 1

Great endeavor!

Go out and hunt some rabbits! Not only will he get some cleaning practice, but some great tasting meat as well!

• Like 1

I think I still have my javelina head from 3 years ago in the freezer. My first archery javelina and its tiny. I'd love to have the skull done, but can't justify the cost. I'm willing to let him experiment on that one. It needs completely skinned/boiled, but if he wants it, I'll let him work on it. I'm in Flagstaff, but should be coming to the valley Sunday for two soccer games. If he wants to experiment with it and we can meet up close to one of the soccer fields, I'll throw it in. I won't know where we're playing and what time until later tonight and I'm in UT for a meeting Weds-Fri night, but I'll have access to the internet. PM is the best way to reach me.

• Like 1

Sean, I just came back from a javelin hunt and for some reason I brought my skinned skull home. My wife said to me, "what are you taking that skull home for?" I really didn't know until now. It would be a pleasure to have your son work on this. I just might have something else in the freezer as well. I will let you know tomorrow. :)

TJ

• Like 2