Sign in to follow this  
MuggyMan

Who you calling "Senior"?

Muggy, to her you were a senior. Or maybe she said senor. Now that she is making the big bucks $10 /hour she doesnt have to be so polite to her senor.

" Why dont you be a little more polite, throw down that old iron and we will be on our way".

"Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

• Like 1

Hey I'm not embarrassed to admit that I've changed some tactics while out hunting. Back in the day, my buddy and I would bust up and down drainages, back and forth like mountain goats.

I now freely admit I'll deviate a half mile or more along the edge of that same drainage and find an easier place to cross. :) Not only am saving wear and tear on my old knees, but I get to see more country and maybe jump an elk or deer along the way.

I want to be out in the woods as long as I can. Toning it down a notch now will buy me more time in the future.

Senior? At 48 I don't think I am there quite yet. My weight hasn't changed in 20 years. The problem is that it has redistributed itself. I have gone form a 34" waist to a 38" waist and weigh the same. I blew up an ankle pretty bad 6 years ago on a hunt. I'm lucky not to have had parts removed, the joint fused and a shoe with an extra 3 inch thick sole. I have taken to packing my lunch for work. Meat, cheese, yogurt, nuts, healthy granola bars and water. At home much less beer and no junk food. Most of what I drink is either water or tea. Making your own tea offers a variety of interesting flavors without calories.

CWT fight club, I like it.

That's right around the corner from where I live. Dojo at Warner and Alma School.

Did you guys every meet up? Mornings? Evenings? You're in my 'hood. I'd like to swing in sometime if that's cool.

CWT fight club, I like it.

That's right around the corner from where I live. Dojo at Warner and Alma School.

Did you guys every meet up? Mornings? Evenings? You're in my 'hood. I'd like to swing in sometime if that's cool.

No we never did meet up. My schedule is so irregular that it's impossible to set up regular days and times to meet, and I just don't have time to be driving across the valley. That said, I'm still interested in meeting up for informal old guy training. If you or anyone else interested, let me know.