Sign in to follow this  
WHT_MTNMAN

My Son's Texas Black Buck

Earlier this spring I had a chance to go to Tx with my boys. Overall it was a horrible trip. 8 of us 2 days in blinds and my oldest son was the only lucky one.

I was super excited for him and he made a great shot sitting a blind by himself. I wish I could have been there to see it.

My youngest made a stalk on a couple of piglets and got to shoot at one. :) kind of.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/khdavis/media/VID_20160430_085302649_zps6mrkqbpy.mp4.html?filters[user]=2662449&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

IMG_20160430_175844479_HDR_zpsep9u0hbj.j

0217171737e_zpsp3k1ony7.jpg

0217171748a_zpssrod5zmk.jpg

0225170848a_zpspht8ihw2.jpg

• Like 8

Nice! Sounds like a tough one, but those are the best stories later on. Congrats to him!

Did you guys eat it? I've always heard they were delicious.

Yeah it was delicious some of the best I've eaten.

Cool, good for him on making it happen on his own. Those blackbuck aren't a very big target.

I'm heading to a ranch over the weekend with a group who are hunting some exotics. I'm hoping to bring back some meat!

Horrible experience with the Outfitter, or just the hunting conditions were horrible?

Congratulations to him on a great black buck! Way to go guys. Sorry to hear the trip was less than desirable, that sucks putting in the time and effort to not have it be good.

Nice Blackbuck that and Markhor are on my bucket list if things ever settle down in Pakistan.

Just came off a job in Texas that had black buck on the site. Absolute torture having to work with those things taunting me.

We arrived with food garbage left from the previous week. It was a disaster, The ranch manager was a young kid who showed up late, hungover and less than thrilled that he had to work. Just tough all the way around..