Sign in to follow this  
crazy4COUES

how bout scrapes??

Yup had a camera. But came in like he always did and freshened it up. I always piss out of my tree stand. Never had it bother anything

Yup had a camera. But came in like he always did and freshened it up. I always piss out of my tree stand. Never had it bother anything

Last mule deer I shot was sniffing my pee from the day before.

I always wiz over the side and have never seen anything spook from it. Apparently they like Blue Moon flavored pee.

• Like 1

I shot my buck in January off a scrape line, and gunna give it a try again this year. I think pre rut/ intro rut they use the scrape lies pretty well im not sure about full blown rut. Id think they would be more were the doe's are?

Forgot about this thread. But just an up date I sat the scrape line again and luck like the year before didn't sit it past 1AM and shot my buck this year 1st day. So far its producing, ill check it out again next year and see how it goes.

Update... shot 2 bucks now off the scrap line, my 2016 buck 102" and my 2017 buck 96" both off of the same scrape line and also came up the same trail from the same direction.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2007 at 8:50 PM, Bryson Bendall said:

I find a lot of my scrapes and rubs in mid to late december to january-february. Mostly along well used game trails and in transition zones (like the trees on the edge of a meadow). Also, it seems like random secluded trees, that are small diameter always get torn up. I notice that when I'm not looking for them and just tromping through the wilderness i miss them. But when i'm taking my time and scanning the area i always find them. I honestly can't compare ac market the amount a coues deer scrapes to the amount an eastern wtl. scrapes because i've never hunted back east, but I've heard they don't do as much scraping. However, from what i've seen, if you get in a well populated coues corridor with several bucks, you will definitely find scrapes and rubs.

I think you are correct, I saw couse deer last december when i was hunting.

On 10/19/2007 at 7:20 PM, Bryson Bendall said:

I find a lot of my scrapes and rubs in mid to late december to january-february. Mostly along well used game trails and in transition zones (like the trees on the edge of a meadow). Also, it seems like random secluded trees, that are small diameter always get torn up. I notice that when I'm not looking for moviebox them and just tromping through the wilderness i miss them. But when i'm taking my time and scanning showbox the area i always find them. I honestly can't compare the amount a coues deer scrapes to the amount an eastern wtl. scrapes because i've never hunted back east, but I've heard they don't do as much scraping. However, from what i've seen, if you get in a well moviebox pro populated coues corridor with several bucks, you will definitely find scrapes and rubs.

Thanks for inform this, it will help me to next december winter.