J.S.R.

300 win mag bullet options?

Lots of difference between a worthless coyote and a game animal. Keep on taking those silly long shots with those target bullets and your going to loose one. When you do there I'll be in the back of your head saying told you so.

Keep the long range stuff on the range and have fun with it, go ahead and shoot varmits and at any range you want; but quit being risky with game. You make us all look bad, it is dangerous, and your just feeding an EGO problem and most likely shoot that far because you can't close the deal any other way.

I am past the long range game and would rather hunt than shoot for the sake of my EGO. Don't need it . You will understand when you are older and have had some time to reflect.

Check out the gut shot Antelope in the previous posted photo, what a Marksman and only four hundred plus yards. He should have waited until 700 so he would have missed.

funny015_zps6ggapmn3.gif

• Like 3

Hay nice clip of my Buddy and I looking in on You and KC

This is it for me no more comments from the peanut gallery will be responded to.

Hay nice clip of my Buddy and I looking in on You and KC

So much for this idiot's integrity.
  • Like 1

So back to the subject: which hunting bullet for the .300 Win Mag for long range performance? Polymer tipped? Seems like Hornaday dropped their 150 grain SST and only have a 180 grain left. What's up with that?

The website still shows a 150gr SST.

Personally with a 300 win mag I would go heavier. I personally am working on loads with 208gr ELD-M and 210gr Berger HVLD.

I am working on a 150gr load with all copper TTSX from Barnes, but that was a bit of an accident. I bought them for a 3006 load but am using them in my 300 WM since I have them. If I bad done it on purpose I would have used at least 165gr or heavier.

Today,just picked up some 200 ELDx . Going to be working with H1000 and 4831 . Was shooting 200 AB , but got bored with grouping.My gun likes lots of powder, so I give it and let it FEED. Curious for results on ELDx

I like the 200g ELD-X. I took this Kudu at 469yards with a .300 Win Mag. One shot and rolled about 10 yds.

Thats a good lookin beast! 👍