Lv2hnt

Fair Chase in Arizona ...

I like the idea of no cameras on water and limiting number of cameras per person. I personally feel like the way a lot of guides/outfitters hunt,with a hundred trail cams and even more glassers spread out looking for bucks for clients is one of the biggest scourges we have to us who do it ourselves.im not anti guide, just don't like how some guides make it made more of a buck finding production then what I consider hunting. Just my opinion,can't blame them for satisfying the demand to make money.

• Like 1

There is absolutely no possible way to limit the number of trail cameras a person runs. If they had to be tagged or registered, people would just put them in other people's names. Banning cameras on man made and maintained water holes would pretty much solve the problem, but they won't make it that easy. Their decision will hurt a lot of us average joes that just like running cameras in our off the grid locations.

I completely agree greyghost, but I think it would be worth us moving our cams for the greater good of guides not dominating those areas as much

I am like a few others on here, I am not a fan of them for hunting. We have several that we have up on our own property, but we don't hunt that property. The kids like to see the animals

I don't harbor any ill feeling towards those that DO use them for hunting, it's just not my thing. I do think they have caused a lot of issues though(which obviously why this is being discussed).

I'm always against new regulations. We seemed to be over regulated. But to believe there are no real issues in some traditional trophy units is a bit naive.

They are banned on the Big Boquillas Ranch, yet people still hunt up there. Montana bans them during hunting season, yet a guy still arrowed the new P&Y world record elk.

Won't be the end of the world.

I'm not a fan of regulations either, but I have to tell you I was pretty PO'd after crawling on my hands and knees several hundred yards through salt cedars only to have a drone hovering over the flock of ducks I was sneaking and spooking them. I came very close to dumping a drone.

Technically the AZGFD never banned baiting, if you want to go pour 50 lbs of corn out in the forest it's perfectly legal, what they did ban was the act of taking big game over an edible substance. From what I gathered from the commission meeting they aren't looking to ban trail camera's just the take of big game within a 1/4 mile of a trail camera. One of the commissioners asked what if somebody shared a picture with someone from their trail camera but the owner of the trail camera didn't hunt it what would happen. AZGFD response was they would make sure the language for the law would cover all bases and both parties could be cited for take.

Oh heck no! People would hang cams to secure a spot take ownership than take it down for them to hunt. Would turn honest hunters into lumberjacks and require carry sawzall to hunt. In theory

• Like 1

Technically the AZGFD never banned baiting, if you want to go pour 50 lbs of corn out in the forest it's perfectly legal, what they did ban was the act of taking big game over an edible substance. From what I gathered from the commission meeting they aren't looking to ban trail camera's just the take of big game within a 1/4 mile of a trail camera.One of the commissioners asked what if somebody shared a picture with someone from their trail camera but the owner of the trail camera didn't hunt it what would happen. AZGFD response was they would make sure the language for the law would cover all bases and both parties could be cited for take.

That's incorrect based on the notes from the February meeting. They're clearly talking about 1/4 mile from a water source.

post-8895-0-49455500-1489026907_thumb.jpeg

So what if an animal was shot and the person had no idea there was a cam nearby? I know I have walked up on a few without knowing.

Seems easier to just ban them from an area or for a specific time.