Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

My son doesn't want to go Elk Hunting!!!

I know the battle Adam! My step daughter was 5.5 when her mom and I started dating. She's almost 12 now. The attitude she gives when her mom isn't her and flat out saying "no" when I ask/tell her to do something. I'm over it, I just let her mom handle it.....

• Like 3

Adam, I know what you are going through bud! I have three boys, the oldest two are from a previous marriage but they have been my boys since they were 5 and 2. The oldest has been my best friend since the get go the middle one oh man have we had our battles! He used to be my hunting buddy until hanging out with the boys turned into more fun, rarely wares the same clothes twice a pair of shoes for every day of the year, mom and dad are the dumbest people on earth, all the pain in our butt attitudes us parents have dealt with. He is now 20 years old plays college football works his butt off because nothing comes easy in life and mom and dad are his rock, 180 degree turn when he figured out how the real world goes around and that mom and dad will be there through all the good and really crappy times in life and all the bone head friends are worried more about themselves than him. It sucks, we want our kids to be the best they can be but some take a different road to get there! He still doesn't like to hunt but loves spending time outdoors I take what I can get and have learned to give a little too I guess. Hang in there brother it gets easier!

• Like 2

Wow!!!! Iam sorry adam. That must suck. I went through the same crappie with my stepdaughter and even worse... way worse it sucks.