Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

435" typical bull

I use to do sales calls to SC game and fish. Not to sell them anything, but to see what has been taken and seen. In 2015 they had photos of a 470" typical that they were trying to track down.

photos of sheds or trail cam pics of the bull?

I believe trail cams, but it may have been video of the animal. From the story they told me, they had one of their hunters on it, but he was out of shape and could not get into range. Yes 470" typical. This was after some very well timed rains during growing season.

its their story, they can tell it how they want. I once called BS on one of their stories about big bulls. The guy flips through his phone, slides it across the table to me and says this is my sons first bull 392". I have not called BS since. It could be hyperbole, but from my experience I believe he was telling the truth.

I see the Dollar General store in the background. Is that where You got them....LOL................BOB!

its their story, they can tell it how they want. I once called BS on one of their stories about big bulls. The guy flips through his phone, slides it across the table to me and says this is my sons first bull 392". I have not called BS since. It could be hyperbole, but from my experience I believe he was telling the truth.

A 392 bull is the norm there. A 470 typical would be amazing but tough to believe without seeing. Although this bull I have had he sprouted a 7th on the right and depending on width could have been pushing 450 gross. I guess if each point was another inch long he'd be right in the 465-470 range so I guess it's a possibility down there.

Nice sheds. The San Carlos is by far the best place to hunt elk and if scouted well could give a high end high fence ranch a run for its money. A guy could make a legend of himself as an elk hunter if he hunted there several times. It will always be a dream of mine to hunt there for elk. Passing 385 bulls with a smirk on my face would be an honor.

• Like 3

Nice sheds. The San Carlos is by far the best place to hunt elk and if scouted well could give a high end high fence ranch a run for its money. A guy could make a legend of himself as an elk hunter if he hunted there several times. It will always be a dream of mine to hunt there for elk. Passing 385 bulls with a smirk on my face would be an honor.

that guys name is Dan Agnew and the other is Casey Brooks. The hunt there nearly every year and kill 400+ bulls.

I'd bet my house Casey has more 400"+ archery bulls than anyone else on this planet

Thanks! But my bull was only 347. :)

• Like 4