NOTAGS

any 2017 success yet?

It really sucked when other hunters are shooting all around you and your not seeing anything.

• Like 2

WOW, you da man!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, meet at the ranch managers office at 8am , short orientation, the 2 rangers and 3 hunters and 1 friend each get in a truck for the hunt. Drive about a mile, locate herd, one has GPS if needed. Drive up to herd (19 animals left), get 20yrds away lay out feed pellets . Drive out to 63 yards and wait until herd separates and then the manager puts up an awesome tripod and tells the hunters (in permit # order) which buffalo to shoot. 3 buffalo on ground, Call friends with flatbed trailer and to drive out to kill , take pics , gut, load and back to skinning shed by 9:15am, skin and quarter, load and on the road to Processor by 12:10pm. Well there you have it, not sugar coated and I don't no how to make it sound more interesting. Anyway needed my buffalo from az for my az big 10 , and for $350.00 for a 3 yr old cow , 4 bonus points , who cares if it's my once in a life time is done. Time to eat

You summed up that hunt quite well. I just wanted meat in freezer without having to become best buds with a guide. No freaking way i was gonna do bab. I dropped meat at Carls in C.V. and was at sons football game in Phoenix the same night. Sometimes i kick myself for it because i have dreamed of a House Rock archery bull kill my whole life but with life changes so do expectations and dreams. Now im thinking about a every other year out of state bison "hunt/harvest" this stuff rocks in the frying pan. :) i had forgot just how good it was since my 1st N.M. bison meat. Congrats on the 10! I lack a lope and lion. If I ever get drawn for freaking Antelope again I will kill one with a rifle and never put in again.