I have a case of 7-1/2 shot 12 gage , and I have a case of 6 as well. I have not hunted Quail a lot just wondering what is best Thanks

Use that 7 1/2 early season then those 6 once they start flying a little further out

• Like 6

#7.5 or #8 AA black box Winchester for early season. #6 high brass Federal or Kent for late season.

• Like 1

I really don't like using high brass 6 unless it's for pheasants etc... after blowing a few close flushers up.

• Like 1

Cool deal, I only ever used 7-1/2 but my buddy bought 6 I'll keep some of both but 7 mostly. Was doing some organizing and tripped over the case of 6 so figured I would ask.

• Like 1

Use that 7 1/2 early season then those 6 once they start flying a little further out

I keep 3-4 high brass 5 shot in my pockets for January. For when those guys are 80 yards away and not flying, can't get any closer, I have shot one on the ground before. Usually you can see them and they can see you that far but not running I have had times that they gave me enough opportunity to switch out my round. (Shooting birds on the ground goes against my code, until Januray :) )

• Like 1

Guest akaspecials

I always use 6. I chase a lot less cripples than my hunting partners that use 7 or 7 1/2. I also have larger holes in my birds and chew on more lead. Either will work.

I wish they made more 7 shot for 20ga. You pretty much have to load your own to get #7s or shoot steel. I'd shoot nothing but 7s if they sold them. I shoog both 6s and 7.5s now.

• Like 1