Sign in to follow this  
kazpilot25

Youth Turkey Camp in 6A

I'm heading up to the camp with my nephews next week and wanted to see if anyone else here is going to be there? I've heard it's a pretty awesome experience.

It's a great time. I'm still waiting to see what my work schedule is going to be like to make sure I can go.

Its a great time and I hope to meet some more CW folks up there! I'm looking forward to taking my daughter out for her first Merriams, finally, and for her to share her Kansas hunt story with other kids up there!

It's a great time. I'm still waiting to see what my work schedule is going to be like to make sure I can go.

Syd and I got back from her Kansas trip yesterday and we're still spinning. Its 9am and she's still sleeping. You'd better be there!

Great experience. Great camp. I will be mentoring. Hope to see you there

Its about time you quit slacking and start mentoring! Seriously, though, I'm glad you decided to mentor this year!!

Is there still openings for the youth camp?

Looks to be full with a waiting list...

http://nwtfarizona.org/2017-youth-turkey-camps/

Correct. Its full with 90 kids and a waiting list.

Any reports from youth camps? Have a buddy at 6a camp with his daughter but haven't heard anything...

I was wondering the same thing. It seems like someone would have posted a pic from the youth hunts by now.

Up in 6b with my kids. Lots of talking early in the am but cant get them to commit. They are with hens. Fun times though. Will try again in the morning. Drinking beer by the fire with the family now.

• Like 3

My boy was fortunate to take a gobbler on opening day in 6a. I was at the 6a camp and as of yesterday I believe 6 birds were brought in. Shout out to all the people who were involved with the camp..it was a great time with great food.

post-2694-0-46215000-1493001232_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Congrats to the young hunter!!!! And a big shout out to DAD for getting him out there and enjoying nature and the great outdoors. These young outdoorsman and OUTDOORS WOMEN are the future of our great hunting heritage...