Sign in to follow this  
Jglaudel

Arizona Unit 4B

I hunted 4b twice with family members, 05&06. Unless it starts consistently pumping out ungodly large bulls I don't care to see the unit during elk season again. The two most disappointing elk hunts I've ever been on, to this day bringing up 4b is the quickest way to start a fight with my dad and he didn't even have a tag. That being said as with any unit in the state it holds big bulls but it will take hard work and/or luck to get it done.

The biggest bull I ever saw with my own eyes was in... 4B

The only elk tag i didn't fill was in... 4B

Just got back from scouting 4b. 10 bulls over 330 and still growing should grow another 70 inshced by sep. 15th

• Like 1

Got anything new? You've posted the same link like 3 times already to a story about a bull killed 5 years ago. The only high 300's-400 bull ever killed in the unit.

wasnt there a 399" or so killed in like 2001 there? im sure someone remembers, it was in trophy hunter. a big typical if i remember right

Just because they're not posted online, doesn't mean they aren't there.

Every unit can have a random big bull. We're talking the average elk that comes from 4b. I've had multiple cameras across the whole unit the last 4 years and help a lot of guys on that hunt.

And if two or three bulls over 360 in the last 5 years is monsters coming out of there every year then yeah 4b is awesome. Expect lots of 300-310 bulls and smaller with the possibility of a 340 if you hit it hard. Lots of people out during season and not a whole lot of places to get away from roads.

So which is it, 340 tops or any unit can have a big bull?

Apparently you missed the point. We have proof of two bulls killed in the unit around 400 ever. So yes for the last 20 years if you hit it hard you could expect to kill a 340. Noone has ever expected to kill a 390 or 400 inch bull in 4b. I'm talking on a year to year basis that's what you can expect. Occasionally will someone find and shoot one bigger than 340? Absolutely. But that's the exception not the norm. I shot a 200 inch buck in 23 with my bow in 2016 so now does that mean everyone should expect to kill a 200 inch buck in 23 if they hit it hard this year? Absolutely not. But I know you know this and that's why you didn't apply for 4b.

• Like 1

Apparently you missed the point. We have proof of two bulls killed in the unit around 400 ever. So yes for the last 20 years if you hit it hard you could expect to kill a 340. Noone has ever expected to kill a 390 or 400 inch bull in 4b. I'm talking on a year to year basis that's what you can expect. Occasionally will someone find and shoot one bigger than 340? Absolutely. But that's the exception not the norm. I shot a 200 inch buck in 23 with my bow in 2016 so now does that mean everyone should expect to kill a 200 inch buck in 23 if they hit it hard this year? Absolutely not. But I know you know this and that's why you didn't apply for 4b.

On my way to 23.

• Like 1

I'm glad no one has bothered to notice that they are shooting 50% less bulls out of 4b then they did 4-5 years ago, all the while raising tag numbers in all the "primo" units like 1, 9 ,10.