Grandpa's Cat

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tomuchworking

tomuchworking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:My 4 boys and their Mom. Being in the woods.

I am sure there are many versions of this story to be told. Grandpa always wanted to kill a lion with a spear. He told one of the local houndsmen (Charlie Sutherland) what he wanted to do. Charlie later called him and said they had found a good lion. I was told he climbed the tree to stick the cat. His first jab was swatted by the lion sending the spear to the ground. He climbed down to get the spear, and made the second attempt count. My aunt still has the rug and the spear. He was one of a kind. Sure miss him.

16906687_396504854044611_918787179139615

Genesis 27:3 Now therfore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison:

Proverbs 21:19 It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.

#2 wish2hunt

wish2hunt

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
That's pretty cool

#3 Flatlander

Flatlander

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Camping, Hunting, Hiking, Hunting, Football
That's a Man's Man right there

#4 Zeke-BE

Zeke-BE

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • Interests:A lot of everything. I'm a mile wide and a inch deep, but hunting has been the only thing that is consistent in my life.

Dude!!!  I mean John Wayne right there! Wow

#5 el diablo

el diablo

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
That's too cool. Hopefully he doesn't loose bis underarmor sponsorship

#6 MuggyMan

MuggyMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:my family and friends, my faith, hunting, fishing, martial arts, reading and writing

That's awesome. Can you tell more about the spear? Did he make it himself? Any chance you can get a better picture of the spear? I'm interested in how it was made, the shaft and spear head.

#7 Phil Carr

Phil Carr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Big game hunting. Shooting birds over my dogs. Collecting and shooting vintage SXS shotguns
What a great piece of family history
The jury is still out they say on capital punishment. Experts say, it does not deter crime.
I guess I'm from the old school. I know if I shoot a Chicken hawk that is killing my chickens, it does not deter the others, but it sure stops that one from killing any more.

#8 tomuchworking

tomuchworking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:My 4 boys and their Mom. Being in the woods.

That's awesome. Can you tell more about the spear? Did he make it himself? Any chance you can get a better picture of the spear? I'm interested in how it was made, the shaft and spear head.

I tried getting pictures, but could not. I remember holding the spear as a kid. They welded a long blade to a heavy pipe. I wish I could have found/got some pictures of it.

Genesis 27:3 Now therfore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison:

Proverbs 21:19 It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users