Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

Tag in the mail today

I received my archery cow tag for unit 27 today! This will be my first elk hunt in that unit and my first archery cow hunt. Should be awesome!

• Like 8

Yup! My archery bull tag was waiting for me in the mailbox.

C'mon September, hurry up!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Best day ever. 4 cow elk tags in the mail for our family today.. gonna be a great year. My wife and my 10 year olds first elk tag!!!!!

• Like 1

Mine showed up as well. Can't wait good luck to all.

Recieved my 7E peaks bull tag in the mail today. I will be using piont guard and turning it in and getting my points back. So if you put in for the first bull hunt and didn't get it you still have a chance lol

Recieved my 7E peaks bull tag in the mail today. I will be using piont guard and turning it in and getting my points back. So if you put in for the first bull hunt and didn't get it you still have a chance lol

I don't think they reissue the tag. It just gets burned unless you donate it. You may consider that. You don't lose your points and would give a vet or child with life threatening illness a great hunt.

• Like 1

Donate your tag to Hunts For Heroes. You will get your points back and a disabled vet will get the tag.
  • Like 2

Analog:

There are plenty of disabled vets in Arizona who'd absolutely love to hunt elk! Hunts for Heroes' motto is "healing through hunting." We work hand-in-hand with G&F's tag transfer program (and we have their application you would use to retain your bonus points through Point Guard). Easy to do and no cost to you.

There are quite a few CWT members the past year who have participated as volunteers on Hunts for Heroes hunts, from javelina all the way up to desert bighorn sheep! Every one of them has their own personal story on how their own life was elevated after seeing a vet decompress in Arizona's great outdoors.

I hope you'll consider donating to Hunts for Heroes --- call me so we can answer any questions you might have: (480)760-3868

Thanks for thinking of others ...

--- Tom

• Like 1

You have to wait for the mail? As soon as I saw green boxes for NM I went home and printed my tags so I had them that day. Not the best system as I can see it being abused by some not so honest hunters.

• Like 1

You have to wait for the mail? As soon as I saw green boxes for NM I went home and printed my tags so I had them that day. Not the best system as I can see it being abused by some not so honest hunters.

I thought that was a little odd the first time I saw it. What was the stop me from printing out 3 tags? If unethical Hunters create a need to go to a mailed tag system it should not be that big of a deal. The NM draw system is very efficient, AZ needs a lot of help in that department.

They are talking about going back to a carcass tag system where the carcass tag is mailed to you. You would have to fill out the carcass tag. If you lose your license then you can print out another one. If you lose your carcass tag you have to go to a G&F Field office to get another one and they void the first one. That is why they have the bar codes on them. The way it is now somebody could print out three licenses, say for archery elk. Kill a cow opening day, fill out one license and take the elk home and put it in the freezer. If they are not checked then they could go with the second license and keep hunting.

The way I have seen the "legal" way of poaching is this. Dad, wife, two kids all have tags. Wife and kids never leave camp yet four deer are killed. So I guess there are people who are always going to "game the system". Hopefully they are the minority.