ALYUAZ

19A rifle hunt

Drew my first antelope tag after 20+ years of applying after changing up my

usual entries, units 10 and 5B, to19A as my second choice on application.

So the good news is I have a tag in my hand for this hunt, bad news is private

land issues in the unit. I am not a trophy hunter by any means but would like to

take a nice buck after waiting so long for a tag. I have always been a DIY hunter

but seriously cosidering hiring a guide for this hunt. Any recommendations?

Hit up sir royal on this site. He knows what's up. It's not as bad as it seems at first, there is rom to hunt, and just do your homework. You can afford to be picky.

I drew the same hunt this year too. My daughter hunted 19A a couple years ago. It's a good hunt but you really need to do a lot of preseason scouting. It's not what it used to be, years ago, but there are still some decent goats around. I will again be scouting it this summer. I'll be glad to share what I know about the unit. Keep in touch.

Andy 520-954-3403.

Thanks Andy. With my small home based business slowing down to a trickle last couple

of years, I should have plenty of free time for scouting, if I decide to go that route.

Heck, I'll get out there often even if I get a guide. Half of the fun in hunting is preparation

and scouting leading up to the hunt, enjoying nature and then the actual hunt.

What's even more enjoyable for me nowadays is helping out my kids on their own hunts.

I actually offered my antelope tag to my son, who is 14, but he declined, saying that I waited

a long time for this tag. Both of my kids drew early Peaks bull tags so it looks like we're

gonna have lotsa fun chasing bulls this fall.

• Like 4

I'm very impressed that your son declined the tag! I guarantee not many kids or even adults would have passed on that opportunity! You obviously raised him correctly......

Congrats again on the tag!

• Like 5

My son got drawn for this also. Now that he is a working man up in Prescott Valley, he likes to watch all the antelope up there. The land issues and limited area does seem a little intimidating. Anybody have guide recommendations?

After looking at several great looking bucks, I was able to take Mr. Twister on Fain. It's not what it used to be, but still an exciting antelope hunt.

post-1839-0-30072700-1506062250_thumb.jpeg

post-1839-0-25174700-1506062268_thumb.jpeg

post-1839-0-75409800-1506062304_thumb.jpeg

post-1839-0-65870600-1506062319_thumb.jpeg

post-1839-0-66461900-1506062331_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Dang archers have ruined it for the rifle and ML guys. Oh, and all those houses they built in Prescott Valley.

Congrats on a great buck!

• Like 2

Congratulations on your antelope. I spent some time up there scouting and found plenty of goats on state land for my buddy to chase with his muzzleloader. We were constantly in to bucks and plenty of room with very few hunters. Scouting is the key to learn private from state. :)

TJ

• Like 1